The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any body think 40s would be to big a tire for 4.56 gears and how much lift do you thing i may need to run them?

·
255 Posts
I always thought those Centurions were great looking and your's is no exception, GREAT lookin rig.

I'm not sure how 4.56's would act with the C-6 because of no overdrive, but it might be ok. Maybe someone with more GEAR experience will chime in.

I think 8-10 inches would do. Just stay away from blocks, they cause a lot of stress on everyting. You might try looking into a shackle reversal kit and see if anyone makes one for your rig and then use springs for the rest.

Hope this helps.

Rich :ford

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks it needs a lot of work but i love it.
i'm tryin to make it more driveable i think it would get beter milage with bigger tires but i did have some of those 39'' michelins on it a one time a didnt have a lift but they are narrow and did scrub from time to time

·
255 Posts
Even with the lift kit, the 37's I run still rub, but only on the leaf springs. that is a wheel backspacing problem. I am still trying to come up with a good fix for it.

·
rock removal technition
589 Posts
I had 37's on my 92 IDI with a 4 speed and 3.55's ran good unloaded , but slowed on the hills loaded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts