The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to change the tires on my 08 3500 4x4 looking at goodyear wrangler silent armor ,tread looks awful deep don't know if anyone has tried these,hate to find out after i spend the bucks that they move around on the tread and give you that wishy washy feeling when traveling at speed or pulling a trailer,any ideas or suggestions do mostly highway driving,:usflag live in the sticks so roads are not allways plowed, do some off highway driving as well fields etc, not mudding with the truck

·
467 Posts
I have those on my 12 valve right now, in 265/75/16. They ride nice on the road pretty quiet, and I have been over a foot of fresh snow with them they did great. Just last weekend I was driving in about 15 " of frozen snow not too much problem. I have towed plenty with them and they do fine. I probably have around 20,000 on them now and still about 1/2 tread left.
Yulan

·
268 Posts
Awesome tires. I really liked mine that I had on my 06 half ton. Can't remember how many ply they were, but they did make the truck ride a little rougher. Stiff tire. I ended up running 30 to 35 psi to smooth it out little, but other than that I loved them.

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks fuzzy and crazy in law just guess i'm looking for a general do all tire if thats possible

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would love to put 22" semi's on er but my trailer barely clears the bedsides now lol

·
467 Posts
Yeah the 19.5 or the 22.5 big truck wheels and tires look cool on a pickup. My buddy just sold his mega dually with 19.5's on it, they looked way cool. The only thing was the spacers alone cost $1,000.

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have to do some measuring to see if i can get the truck under the racecar trailer with those on it,looks like it would be too close for me,

·
131 Posts
you could also try the toyo tire they do get great mileage and hold up superb.

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
which toyo tires

·
131 Posts
that would depend on you, the best mileage comes from their standard radial style tire about 50k from them, the all terrain's still get over 40k on them, all provided that you keep them rotated and balanced though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts