The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few very disappointing experiences with a few different companys I would like to post some rules of etiquette that sould be followed when dealing with consumers.. MODERATORS.. I fell this should not be deleted... There is always talk of US taking care of YOUR vendors I would like to post something about THEM taking care of US.

Do not tell us something has been shipped when it has not.
Do not tell us you will call us "right back" and never call.
Do not make commitments that you cannot or will not back up.
Do not advertise items that you say you have in stock and really dont.
Do not make assumptions.
Do not inflate shipping costs.
Do not say something is new in the box.. When it is not.
Do not pass the buck.
Do not lie to us..
Always treat us with utmost repect. (we will give it back)
A professional will admit when he makes a mistake..
When there is an issue do your best to resolve it.
Try to make our purchases as palatable as possible.
When you have a return customer it means something..
When you dont... YOU DONT.

and last but not least..

If it were not for US... There would be no YOU... :D

·
1,418 Posts
AGREED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've had the same experence with 2 companys that are sponsors of this site.

·
IS FREE!!!!!
1,143 Posts
And dont forget:

If you say your gonna email the next day, do it dont just ignore emails, or phone calls. easiest way to get a good customer pissed at u and loose more than one customer.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
So far so good for me. All the vendors that I have been using treated me very good, and others as well.

·
Git-R-Done
888 Posts
In other words,

Treat you just like we would want to be treated if the tables were turned....:Thumbup: :Thumbup:

I try to make every customer feel like family and if I have done any of the above to any of you I apoligize and would appreciate you letting me know.

Thanks,
Darrell

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I know I try to keep all my distributors informed with whats going on at my end of things. I like to think I call them back as soon as I can, I reply to emails as soon as I can. Customer service is very important to me, and I try to do my best at keepin' a happy customer!

·
2,612 Posts
i agree with what everyone says, i have had some problems before too

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
bogginf350,

I agree with you 100%. It's is very important to keep that communication lines open. When you are out or can't answer the phone or emails put a message on the answering machine or send a return email saying why you are unavailable. We had to do that this week due to both of us being sick and not being able to work.

Although I don't know who you are referring to and it has been your choice too not say. However, administrators do need to know this. I hope you have talked to them in private also about your concern. Wayne needs to know this information so when it comes time to renue their advertising then he can make a choice whether to or not and have a valid reason why.

·
0 Posts
SeeYa said:
Wayne needs to know this information so when it comes time to renue their advertising then he can make a choice whether to or not and have a valid reason why.
Diane...that right there is an excellant point to bring up. If Wayne or myself don't know of any vendor issues, we think that everything is going ok. We pride ourselves on having the best vendors around. We've turned down a few that enquired about becoming a supporting vendor because of past allegations, or because they aren't bringing anything new to the table...ie product wise. If we have any vendors that aren't doing right by customers, AND there is proof that numerous attempts have been made to try and right the wrong, then we can seriously consider whether or not to let them renew their sponsorship when their paid year is over.

·
6,337 Posts
95psdF250 said:
In other words,

Treat you just like we would want to be treated if the tables were turned....:Thumbup: :Thumbup:

I try to make every customer feel like family and if I have done any of the above to any of you I apoligize and would appreciate you letting me know.

Thanks,
Darrell

Hey... You HAVE NOT made me feel like fam... No beer... no free food... Where is my BEER... Fam... Huh...LOL

·
1,409 Posts
Well I have only had good experiences with the vendors on this site. Many thanks to TDG and the vendors!! This thread would not last 5 minutes on any other forum, and that says it all right there! Thanks!

·
Git-R-Done
888 Posts
CSIPSD said:
Hey... You HAVE NOT made me feel like fam... No beer... no free food... Where is my BEER... Fam... Huh...LOL
Hey my family supplys me the beer and food...LOL

But, if you ever out my way just stop in and I will supply the beer and food...:Thumbup:

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
ive had mostly good experiences on here. Best one so far i think has been Dfuser when i bought that intake elbow, shipped it quick, replys to emails, etc. I havent bought much from vendors on here yet, but I am about to buy a pod for the commander from him because of the excellent customer service! but i didnt buy an item from an un named vendor before that accidentally threw away my information and when i didnt get it in like a week i messaged back and got informed of this. (could not hardly ever reach by phone) Then said he would overnight the item and i told em no, its ok, because he offered to eat the freight. I ended up receiving it about a week or so later from a 2 day shipping origin.......
I agree with boggin, customer service is EVERYTHING in business, if you dont have it, then people will find someone who does!
Also, Mary and Keith at Powershot2000, probably the Best cutomer service of Anywhere i have ever ordered anything!

·
Registered
10 Posts
When you're right, you're right!

Excellent Boggin..... Too many of us in the biz forget this. Would you buy from someone who treated you like you treat your customers? If the answer is no, you need to fix it now!!:Thumbup:

·
Registered
216 Posts
i have never had a problem but i don't use these vendors i just price from them and use my own people.

·
Banned
257 Posts
:smoke :smoke

:usflag :usflag

·
0 Posts
bada$$dodge2000 said:
i have never had a problem but i don't use these vendors i just price from them and use my own people.
I guess with an attitude like that...and mentioning what you did in public...I guess you won't be getting anymore free prices from the vendors that help to support this site.

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
bada$$dodge2000 said:
:shootself:

Me myself have tried to do some deals with one of the vendors (I think they are still a vendor) and was very, very unsatisfied and angry. I won a gift certificate and after about 5 calls that I MADE I still didnt ever get to use it cause they never got back with me. They promised to give me a call and never did. So, I bought elsewhere and was treated with the utmost respect and supplied with what I needed. To everyone that I HAVE BOUGHT something from that is a vendor on here, THANK YOU!!!! :Thumbup:

·
3,939 Posts
bada$$dodge2000 said:

Wow. That takes some serious gonads to say that to businesspeople that spend their hard-earned dollars supporting this site.

I doubt very much that any of our vendors would give you pricing now, if all you're going to do is do the old "Home Depot/Lowes/Menards" roundabout on them...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts