The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have a 2002 f-250 7.3 powerstroke and would like to improve fuel economy for normal driving and increase towing performance when towing my toy hauler. I have been looking at several chips and tuners but I am still not convinced that this will provide what is promised. Can sombody please let me know what my best option is and if it is worth the expense to install these electronics. If so which one. I would really appreciate it if someone has had a good experience with chip and tuner and could recommend one for my truck. thanks
Mark

You can email me at [email protected] or just reply - any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Dp Tuner, give Jody a call and tell him what your after.

He will burn a chip for your needs.

Both the chip and the service are top notch....

·
1,386 Posts
I agree with Ashley. Dp Tuner is the way to go. My truck is a towing beast and I picked up between 2 and 3 mpg depending on how I drive.

·
42 Posts
question on chipping-can you just add a chip without doing any other work? or must you do pyro guages and other mods?

·
1,386 Posts
If you're going to add a chip or tuner you must get gauges just to be safe.

·
812 Posts
i love my tony wildman

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
get a dp tuner super product

·
588 Posts
aja458 said:
question on chipping-can you just add a chip without doing any other work? or must you do pyro guages and other mods?
not neccessarily, i ran for several months with no gauges, just didn't do any heavy pulling really, and when i did, i took it really easy, plus i had an intake and big exhaust so i knew i wasn't gonna overdo it on the egts.:Thumbup: i have triple gauges now tho, finally got some money to roll in!:Thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts