The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am here to discuss some modifications that I am planning to have on my trailer. There is an old model trailer in my garage with a 40 feet container. It is in running condition. The container needs some welding works and patch works. I think it would be great if I can convert this into a travel trailer. I found some modified container images here. Buy Custom Shipping Containers Ontario | Secure Container Solutions . Can you specify the approximate cost to make this conversion? I need to get the approximate cost for basic works. Thank you in advance.

·
323 Posts
That's a tough one.
Conversions can be simple or fancy.
Either way, the shipping container ads a lot of weight. A reefer would be a better start.
You will have to tag it as a commercial truck and trailer. I'm not sure of anyone that had changed a trailer to a RV.
The rule over at Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community - Powered by vBulletin is to take your time and $ estimate and double it.
Not the exact forum but similar to what your up to.

·
13 Posts
I am planning to have a trailer but my only problem is my budget. Is your project complete already? Can you share how much it cost you?

·
13 Posts
Already purchased a trailer. Choose only a 4-year installment. It's also 40ft RV. Definitely thinking of some modifications so watch out. Will update this thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts