The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just have a question about a switch on the dash that i have no idea what it does. I have a 2006 silverado 2500 Duramax.

The switch is a little simple black toggle switch next to the airbag controls.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
definately not factory, could it be a control for aftermarket fog lights?

·
Crazy Cooter!
169 Posts
i werk on gm products and ive never seeen that one before. as a mater of fact, no toggles on a gm.

·
1,709 Posts
Not too sure on that one. Pull it out to see if it even has power to it.

·
3,939 Posts
That is not OEM. I have no idea what it would have connected to, though. As Squeaky posted, you'll have to test it.

·
Euro Sparky/ Wrencher
1,065 Posts
C'est à peu près l'article de marché des accessoires IIRC quelques peuples ont fait câblé en haut pour la fonction inoccupée rapide et possiblty d'autres articles aussi donc vous devrez suivre que les conducteurs et voient où cela va.

That is pretty much aftermarket item IIRC some peoples did wired up for fast idle function and possiblty other items as well so you will have to follow that conductors and see where that goes.

Merci,Marc

·
1,709 Posts
Hey guys thanks, Found out it is a switch for a Aux Fuel tank.
Now you don't have to worry bout trying to figure out what it is. So how did you figure it out?

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
I found the previous owner and ask him. It was owned by a tech at the Chevy dealership
thats cool...
what kind of aux fuel tank is it?:happymugs

·
Registered
58 Posts
....love to see some pics of that puppy..!

Not a Dmax guy I know that would'nt love to have 50+ Gallon Capacity..My big issue is that Titan and the others are just so damned expensive for what is in reality just a polypropylene tank with some piping....so if that is all it is...why can we not use Marine style stuff...??? I cannot see any reason why what you see in the link would not work as an aux tank.??

(for me I need something that will fit underneath my tool box and as such I'm lookin at the 25 gallon flat type - 47" L X 18" W X 7" Deep)

http://www.moellermarine.com/aftermarket/fuel_storage_tanks/permanent_tanks/

Priced it in Toronto at $ 275.00 CAD Delivered to Barrie no less - Compared to $1400 CAD for a Titan...and should beat the heck outa carrying 4 jerry cans..!!

cheers,

stk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts