The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to a guy that had Dp tuner and tony wildman and he said tony is the only way to go. I'm getting a chip next week and need advice

·
2,509 Posts
I have a wildman chip in my 96 and love it. I have a buddy that has a dp tuner in his 02 and loves it. Long story short I dont think you can go wrong with either.

·
862 Posts
Everyone has their favorites. There are a ton of satisfied DP-Tuner customers, as well as lots of satisfied Wildman fans. Tony and Jody both do things slightly different, which is why you'll see some people prefer one over the other. It's all about personal tastes.

·
1,726 Posts
I've always been satisfied with Tony's programing.

I have tried a few others and was less than impressed.

·
6,337 Posts
Get both.... thats what I did... And then throw in Elite Diesel too...

·
Found On Russ' Drive
693 Posts
I was at a dyno with two other similar trucks(OBS) we all had the same injectors, I had my Wildman and they had Jody's tunes. I made 2 more hp than one and 4 more than the other. So they are very close as far as performance goes. I think Jody's has some nicer features though.

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
As far as I can tell, they're neck and neck on the actual tuning levels, but I believe that Jody and Diane have Tony beat on the switch. Tony has great customer support and tunes, and so does DP. It came down to the final look of the installation, and the F5 switch has the rotary dial beat in my opinion...

·
263 Posts
racehauler said:
I've always been satisfied with Tony's programing.

I have tried a few others and was less than impressed.

same here,very happy with tony's burns

·
Registered
239 Posts
The way I've always looked at these two is Tony seems to have single-shot injectors figured out very well which is why most OBS guys prefer Tony. Jody obviously has a good handle on split-shot injectors and alot of SD guys prefer DP. I have Jody (DP) tune my split-shots but if I ever put AC's (single shot) injectors in my truck I will probably be calling Tony.

·
SLAPS Treasurer
101 Posts
I have used both and I am really happy with Tony. If you are looking for a good OBS tune that will get some good MPG ask Tony about the YTEE burn.

Chris

·
Registered
151 Posts
my vote goes to dp tuner.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
dp all the way jody helped me on a sunday on his personal time @ 8pm thats service you cant buy with 100 dollar bills thaks dp
steve

·
TDG SinglesClub Member#90
497 Posts
Another happy DP Tuner guy here as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Very happy with my dp tuner as well. Jody's tunes are great. Can't beat the customer sevice.

·
0 Posts
As was stated earlier...each of them have their fans, and each has some very satisfied customers. The best thing for you to do would be to call each of them, discuss what you are looking for your truck to achieve (mileage, power, etc) and go with who you are most comfortable with.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #77
940 Posts
Good point Dave. I don't have any experience with Tony and just got my DP a few weeks ago and I still have permagrin! Great tunes for the SD for sure!

·
Registered
96 Posts
4cstr said:
As was stated earlier...each of them have their fans, and each has some very satisfied customers. The best thing for you to do would be to call each of them, discuss what you are looking for your truck to achieve (mileage, power, etc) and go with who you are most comfortable with.
Very true. You should call both and talk with them.....

Tony Bologna.:woot: You won't be disappointed.

·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i bought my chip, i went with Tony Wildman, can't wait to get it. I wonder how long it will take to get here

1 - 20 of 23 Posts