The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i was looking to buy a 02 4x4 2500 auto. quad cab ctd and everthing is stock. I was just wondering how much extra power would be too much for it to handle, would 4 inch straight pipe, intake, n chip be too much?

thanks josh

·
1,055 Posts
Depends on chip. How many miles on the stocker? Was it taken care of ? Pretty much anything over stock and you will be on borrowed time. A v/b will get you a long way for starters. something like an EZ and you will be OK.

·
706 Posts
If not towing,you should be able to add about 50-60HP without trouble.If the trans is weak,it may slip with just that much.Towing,your on your own,it may slip as well.

·
232 Posts
valve body :Thumbup:

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Ok...

I know the Edge Comp (or Edge Products) are too much for a stock AUTO TRANS...LOL

It's almost too much for my stock clutch... 381/826 I'm slipping clutch when the Edge Comp turned up to 5x5...:poke:

·
1,189 Posts
the truck will handle everything but a big chip. If your thinking of going bigger later and building the trans you can always do a edge juice or comp box and not tap the wire and you wont be able to gain more than 80hp. Then later on when your ready for more and build the trans you can tap the wire and have 2 more levels of power. By then you will also want some injectors and a j hook to really make some power... once you start you will want more than just a little. Trust me.. I said the same thing you did. Just a little bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts