The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Bodyman
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you guys might like to see this. Heres some pics of an 08 Im working on at work.. Its a buddy of mines. He accidently slid off a forest service road and hit a tree at an angle. :damnit

·
Chitowns Biggest Baller
517 Posts
You guy are going to fix that, there not totallying the truck.

·
120 Posts
Ouch! That looks like a lot of work.

·
Registered
179 Posts
whats the specs on that truck? Lift, tire size, rim size? thanks

·
99 Posts
Ouch! :damnit :eek:mg That has to suck to hurt your baby like that! :uhoh2: Hopefully no one was hurt? :eek:

Best of luck to getting it fixed and running again. :p

·
518 Posts
Id also like to know the specs on lift and tire size, Thanks,

I hope he wasnt hurt and is ok.
Hope everything goes well in fixing it, hes lucky to have a bodyman friend- he knows it will be done right.

·
git-r-done
457 Posts
How long did it take to strip the truck down. I am guessing an entire day or two. I tought it was yours at first. lol
Have fun and good luck.

·
Bodyman
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope its not even close to totalling. Only a 12k repair so far. His setup is the same as mine.. 35s on 20's with a leveling kit. Only his wheels have a different backspace than mine. It took about three hours to get all the interior out doing it in an organized clean way. Took the dash guy about 45 minutes to get the dash out. I have prob. 8-9 hours in it so far. Oh and no one was hurt. They pretty much saw the tree coming at them and braced for it. I'll post more pics as I go along until its done.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks Grunt, both trucks look awesome! I get my 08 Harley on friday and i think im just gonna do the same as your trucks just for a while before i lifted it. No clearance probs with that set up? Thanks again

Hope everything works out for your buddy!

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
That would make me sick if it were my truck sitting there...just glad to hear no one got hurt in the accident...

·
General Contractor
518 Posts
Looks like the same truck in your avatar. Are you sure your buddy isn't you.:pointlaugh

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
That is one of the cleanest body shops I have seen.(except for the tools on the floor LOL ) A shop like that is where my truck would go if it needed work.

·
Strokin' and Smokin'
517 Posts
That pic with the fron fender off gives you a good look at the intake system. Did the mirrors still work? LOL

No kidding, that is a good lookin body shop, with a huge paint booth.

·
Bodyman
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ha yeah that's not my truck. It was like 930 last night when I took those pics and it was right after I cut the roof off that's why there was tools all over. Most of the time I'm a neat freak and can't stand having stuff layin around. There's actually two paint booths there next to each other. Oh and no clearance issues on my tires with the leveling kit

·
TDG Single Club Member#14
1,086 Posts
Looks like the perfect time to install a sun roof. LOL Heck just fab up a top and leave it like that for the open air feel.

·
Registered
133 Posts
First saw those pics and wanted to cry....ouch! Glad your buddy was okay though.

·
Mafia member #6
1,714 Posts
Do his have the supplemental heater option? Would be easy to get a look at it now...

·
Bodyman
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OMG! Thats what those wires were for!! Rutcutter the wires going into the heater box were huge like winch cables and the dash guy and I were like what the heck would you need wires that big to run a fan for.. I forgot all about the supplemental heat. Now that I look at the new pics I have you can see the big red and black wires coming out.

The truck is coming out perfect. I actually have it all the way back together except for the right front door glass got tinted this morning and I have to let it sit overnight before I put it in. I will take some pics of it done after its detailed tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts