The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Formerly F350_Beast
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I get? OD light is still blinking, time for a new converter. I looked at one that I found from a link in a thread here from Racer X Automotive. Lower end one for around $435. Just wanted some opinions from you guys. I do have a spare E40D with less than 3,000 miles on it, thought about just beefin it up. ALSO, what gears do I have? I've heard people tell me I have 4.10's and others say 3.73's...I'd like to know for sure. Thanks!! :Thumbup:

·
190 Posts
obs's have 2 gear options 3.55 and 4.10. You can check the door tag and decode it for the gears. Or you can look at the tag on the axle and it will tell you. As far as the flashing OD light. That light flashing is transmissions "check engine" light. You need to get the code pull to know what the issue is. If the converter has failed it can send crap threw out the trans. But what ever you want to get trans wise Racer-x will get you what you want. He is a good guy.

·
Formerly F350_Beast
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BlindViper said:
obs's have 2 gear options 3.55 and 4.10. You can check the door tag and decode it for the gears. Or you can look at the tag on the axle and it will tell you. As far as the flashing OD light. That light flashing is transmissions "check engine" light. You need to get the code pull to know what the issue is. If the converter has failed it can send crap threw out the trans. But what ever you want to get trans wise Racer-x will get you what you want. He is a good guy.
I had the the codes read. It said sometin about torque converter failing and MAP sensor fault. I guess i'm gonna go with that converter then.. THANKS!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't know how much you are looking to spend on a TC but I am in the same boat. I am going to be rebuilding my trans as soon as I get the parts list together and will be getting most of my parts from Racer X. I haven't fully decided on a TC yet, but am leaning toward a Dunrite (unless someone can give me a very good reason that they aren't very good in Fords) because I know several guys with super high power Dodges that run them (seems like when you have one of the most powerful street Dodge's in the country, you probably know what works and what doesn't). I am also considering one of the TC's from Racer X. Anywho, that's my two cents, hope everything works out for you, and that you get some good info.

Ethan

·
Formerly F350_Beast
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
crfracer said:
I don't know how much you are looking to spend on a TC but I am in the same boat. I am going to be rebuilding my trans as soon as I get the parts list together and will be getting most of my parts from Racer X. I haven't fully decided on a TC yet, but am leaning toward a Dunrite (unless someone can give me a very good reason that they aren't very good in Fords) because I know several guys with super high power Dodges that run them (seems like when you have one of the most powerful street Dodge's in the country, you probably know what works and what doesn't). I am also considering one of the TC's from Racer X. Anywho, that's my two cents, hope everything works out for you, and that you get some good info.

Ethan
I'm gonna give the one from Racer X a shot. Its a pretty good price and I've heard good things about them. I was hoping someone else would chime in saying differently if I am wrong about it. Other than that I think I'll just be adding a transmission cooler for now. At least until the truck is paid off. Thanks for the input, good luck with your build.

-Benny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts