The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Driving home for Thanksgiving yesterday from school, I-84 was iced up pretty bad. Where this happened there were bad ruts in the ice. A rut caught the light rear end and threw me sideways, then the front tires got in the other lane on dry pavement and it went into the left concrete barrier. Left tire climbed up the barrier and almost went over it, putting 45 feet of rubber marks on the concrete. Then, with the left side up and sliding sideways to the right, I hit dry pavement and it went over, sliding on its side to the right side of the highway. Quite a ride, but luckily I was not hurt (other than some sore muscles) and nobody else was involved. The person directly behind me was more worked up than me, I was pretty calm and just disappointed. They helped hold the door open (heavy!) while I climbed out the top. Thankfully nobody else was involved.

Not sure if I'll rebuild it again this time. I bought it wrecked 3 years ago and rebuilt it, then last summer someone ran a stop sign and I T-boned them and rebuilt it again, this time it might be too far gone. The only good body parts are the left doors, rear window, tailgate, and rear bumper. Also, no collision insurance, so this is all out of pocket

Not the way I like seeing it.

Luckily it was brought home by another Ford This is the same way it came home when I bought it 3 years ago, dad's crew cab did the towing.

Concrete barrier did a number on the bumper and frame.

Don't worry, that's ATF, not gore. Either the trans vent or power steering reservoir leaked while it was on it's side.

Roof buckled, definitely needs a cab this time.

·
2,821 Posts
Wow, glad that you are ok. Chris

·
2,612 Posts
Glad your ok

·
29 Posts
glad your ok, she's a nice truck.. don't let her go

·
343 Posts
Geez....I remember the last time you went through this. Good to hear that you came out ok. Sorry to see your truck that way. I always thought you did a great job with the work you did to it.

·
1,060 Posts
As everyone else has said, Glad to see (hear) your alright, bummer about the truck.

·
622 Posts
i really feel bad that you had to start the holidays like that, but glad to hear you walked away! if you decide to not rebuild it please let me kow if you part it out, i need some parts for my truck.

:happymugs i hope 2011 is a better year

·
1,060 Posts
I bet as these trucks are aging you can get some smokin deals on sections of trucks or trucks without drivetrain or impounded trucks that are junked....

·
528 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Glad your ok though. Thats a good looking truck though.

·
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bet as these trucks are aging you can get some smokin deals on sections of trucks or trucks without drivetrain or impounded trucks that are junked....
I'm focusing on the '08 right now, but definitely keeping an eye out for parts.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
wow, just seen it now. sorry to hear about the truck. hopefully all works out alright.

Garrett

·
227 Posts
Glad to see you are alright!!

·
855 Posts
Dude, nothing a new cab, fenders, bumpers, new bed, new doors.......ok maybe a new 08 in order for ya. That looks ugly man, glad to here you came out of it ok.

·
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It'll get rebuilt again... eventually. Two cab corners and a roof, right doors, both fenders, hood, right inner fender maybe. Short bed take-offs are too expensive, around $3k, so it will just get a flat bed put on it. Maybe then I'll add some front cutout flares and a set of 38s, we'll see :)

·
1,445 Posts
dam dude you don't give up LOL good luck and I am glad you came out ok. You could just cut the frame down ad a cage and make it a rock crawler or mud truck just a thought

1 - 19 of 19 Posts