The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever put in a switch to stop the ecm from locking the converter? I am thinking about doing it. I just want to keep the lockup off around town. i hate when it locks when im going like 35-40mph. Im going to look up the wiring diragram and see if i could just put a switch in the lockup wire going to the trans.

·
6,337 Posts
Those are to lock it...Dont know why you would want to keep it unlocked, build more heat, wear out quicker, burn more fuel...

The SP Diesel kit allows you to set the speed the TC locks and unlocks to what ever you want.

·
SLAPS Treasurer
101 Posts
Not sure why you would want to keep it unlocked but it can be done. Find out which wire is the lockup wire and route it through the cab with a switch inline. The tq convertor locks up when the wire going to it goes to ground, if you put a switch inline and turn it off it will not lockup. I have a switch in my cab that when the switch is turned on it goes to ground and locks the convertor.

Chris

·
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to unlock it cause when it locks its kinda jerks and then when you let off to coast then get back on it a little it jerks agian. Its just really anoying when trying to cruise around town at a steady 35-40mph. I already found the wire and i love how it is with out lockup. Smoother and the turbo spools way faster, cause its actually reving alittle. Before anytime i went wide open throttle, it locks the converter instantly. I just didnt like how it was.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Possibly a warped cover, or damper is the shutter you feel.
-
-
-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts