The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever setup their service body to tow a gooseneck trailer. I've been searching the internet for this info. I am buying a goose neck horse trailer and really don't want to purchase another diesel to tow it. I have an 05' F350 SRW that according to my diesel manual included with the truck can tow 23k total w/ 12,500 at the bumper. My service body extends only an inch or two higher than a standard body side but it is obviously wider. I know it fits under the trailer fine but towing on the road is something totally different. Any advice or experience with this would be greatly appreciated.

F

·
0 Posts
I would take it with you when before ourchasing the trailer. I have seen numerous trucks with service bodies (most taller than 2" more) the necks on the trailers are just alot longer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank for the reply. The trailer I'm looking at has an adjustable height coupler so I think I should be able to give myself plenty of space. I have just never seen a service body towing a gooseneck before and needed to make sure that it has been done before.

·
582 Posts
The 92 we have is higher than a stock box, and it is fine. Just have to watch those angles though, got a few dents in the boxes from it. Basically, ours is a flatbed with tool boxes on top of the bed.

·
4,827 Posts
Yep, there are quite a few guys doing that around here. They have higher necks on the trailers for more clearance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts