The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wifes friend has a 02 7.3 with a auto tranny it has 90k on the odometer. The truck never moves without a 4 horse C and C trailer with living quarters. I would guess her weight to be 9000k-14000k. Her husband wants to run a chip, but he wont put gauges in. He wants to leave it pure stock, except for chip/tuner. I tried to get him to put in a pyro, he wont. I want to be able to tell him a safe one to run, because he was going to put some local guys custom program in and I told him to hold off and I would get him some ideas. Any help would be great. Like I said a woman drives the truck but it nevers goes without the trailer.

·
6,337 Posts
Without a Pyro, your playing with FIRE!!!

Tell him to add a pyro and go with a superchips or such kind of programmer. There the most conservative and all most idiot proof...

·
Supporting Vendor
484 Posts
rdbpower said:
My wifes friend has a 02 7.3 with a auto tranny it has 90k on the odometer. The truck never moves without a 4 horse C and C trailer with living quarters. I would guess her weight to be 9000k-14000k. Her husband wants to run a chip, but he wont put gauges in. He wants to leave it pure stock, except for chip/tuner. I tried to get him to put in a pyro, he wont. I want to be able to tell him a safe one to run, because he was going to put some local guys custom program in and I told him to hold off and I would get him some ideas. Any help would be great. Like I said a woman drives the truck but it nevers goes without the trailer.

Tell him you got to pay to play. He should do an exhaust w/ any kind of upgrade pulling a trailer like that.

·
1,291 Posts
at the very least he should cut out the muffler and put in a striaght pipe or high flow muffler and even then i would run much of a program. Maybe a DP-Tuner Reflash of PCM with a 40hp tow program.

·
what does not kill you ..
229 Posts
I want to be his mechanic. I could put some money away on the upcoming repair bills

wftree

·
218 Posts
WFTree why were you banned from the diesel stop?

·
Registered
325 Posts
i have towed my bass boat in the 100hp setting on my programmer and i have to be VERY carefull on hilly roads so the EGT's get too high... it weighs in at about 2000 maybe 2500... i would say with the load your buddy is pulling messing with any kind of chip without gauges would be playing with fire

·
268 Posts
My dad's running a Superchips programmer on Tow mode ( over 5,000 lb mode ) and I told him he needs gauges and he is getting that and a exhaust and intake in when he gets the money. It runs fine without any of that stuff but I dont recommand it. Also our camper weights in at around 10,000 to 12,000 lbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts