The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 ram 2500 with standard power heat mirrors. I bought power heat tow mirrors with turn signal. Mirrors bolt up and both plugs plug in mirrors work heat works but no turn signal or puddle light. Any thoughts/? :damnit

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Figure out which spade is open then run you up are wire from your parking and turn signal. You should be about to do that and it work.

Reactions: HLC2239CUMMINS

·
what does not kill you ..
229 Posts
Which mirrors did you purchase and how much wider are they than the stock mirrors.

·
***The Radio Flyer***
174 Posts
Hopefully I'm wrong......................

Crazy as it may seem, I'd almost bet that there would be a computer re-flash involved to make the newly installed mirrors additional features work.

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crazy as it may seem, I'd almost bet that there would be a computer re-flash involved to make the newly installed mirrors additional features work.
You would think it would be that easy. Called the dealer and that's what they told me. So I take it to the dealer they give me the flash still no lights. They contact Dodge and find out just for my truck the flash will not work so no lights and pissed off. Worst part is everything is there plugs plug in and no go. My truck only had power and heat so that's all that will work. :swear

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
You would think it would be that easy. Called the dealer and that's what they told me. So I take it to the dealer they give me the flash still no lights. They contact Dodge and find out just for my truck the flash will not work so no lights and pissed off. Worst part is everything is there plugs plug in and no go. My truck only had power and heat so that's all that will work. :swear
So you can't add the wire to make it work?

·
4 Posts
I had a similar issue with my wife's '10 Grand Caravan. I swapped headlight switches for one with the "A" detent for automatic on/off. The minivan possesses all of the necessary electronics, but the VIN prevents the feature from being turned on.

This frustrated my dealer like you wouldn't believe.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I thought it would be that easy myself but I could not make them light up.
:wtf

I wonder if recon or someone makes and aftermarket led you could wire in?

·
***The Radio Flyer***
174 Posts
I wonder if recon or someone makes and aftermarket led you could wire in?
They probably do........but it would require replacement 3 or 4 times within Recon's warranty period.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
They probably do........but it would require replacement 3 or 4 times within Recon's warranty period.
I hear Recon is hit or miss now, know on wood but my line of fire is still doing great..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts