The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to modify the truck some more for more power for towing but keep fuel mileage and driveability in mind, thanks for the help

·
274 Posts
How much do you wanna spend and what are your plans for the truck. Tow and daily drive only, or a little competition too.

·
CENTRAL IOWA #1
90 Posts
already stacked it today little power gain over puck the puck is a got product for the money.
i can get them cheap because i have a friend the is a dealer

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm flexible in my budget within reason and i use my truck as a daily driver and a tow rig but competition is outside my realm right now

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
First off, what type of Tow Truck are you talking about? Towing a trailer or putting something in the bed to tow cars/trucks? Towing a trailer, just keep modding with the usual.

If you plan on towing cars/trucks, you need a 1 ton Dually to be legal with Federal DOT. Otherwise you will get pulled over and fined hugely.

Tony

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Either way your going to need gauges! If you dont already have them, I'd suggest the EDGE Juice w/ Attitude. This will save you some money. Or if you want mechanical gauges, I'd go with the EDGE Comp. Both are a up to 120 hp gain, and backed by a very good company. The are adjustable on the fly so when your driving around town you can put it up high and when your towing, you can put it down low...

Nathaniel

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
or and also I'd look into a different intake, the BHAF is really nice and good for the price (70 buck, napa #2790), and look into a different exhaust to get rid of those nasty EGTs!

Nathaniel

·
Mafia #42
3,646 Posts
even if you got a smarty, they have incredible low end I have heard for the VP trucks. Plus there are many many other features included. I know it may be pricey and not deliver killer horsepower, but you won't want to have much more than 70 horse over stock for towing w/ out supporting mods. Exhaust, Intake and Clutch are all fairly nessicary if you are going to add much power. As are gauges

·
4,158 Posts
HighTQCummins said:
even if you got a smarty, they have incredible low end I have heard for the VP trucks. Plus there are many many other features included. I know it may be pricey and not deliver killer horsepower, but you won't want to have much more than 70 horse over stock for towing w/ out supporting mods. Exhaust, Intake and Clutch are all fairly nessicary if you are going to add much power. As are gauges
And with the added low end, it feels like 120hp. But don't expect that kind of gain if you dyno it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
definitely appreciate the advice guys, i do like the idea of integrated guages and was wondering what the pros/cons of the juics/attitude vs. other big market alternatives?

·
1,189 Posts
for the price I don't believe you can beat the edge juice with att. has lots of safety features built in that can be adjusted. the alarms go off even if your not monitoring that parameter on the screen so you don't have to be staring at your guages. it's a reliable setup and really not hard to put in on your own. 3rd dodge in the family to have an edge system here. edge ez in my dads as his is totally stock 04 auto, the 99 with the comp it was pre juice system, and my 01 with attitude. if you go other routes with systems that do not have guages built in you will end up spending more money. just make sure you get a fuel pressure guage no matter what route you take. my system saved me as my lift pump was dead when I installed it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts