The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the reasons I went with the 285 75R16 (BFG All Terrain T/A KO)tires was to fill the gaping holes in my wheel wells after I upgraded the springs in my Ex. Unfortunately, I think this tire is just too wide to stuff onto a 7" wide wheel. Even aired to 80 psi (LR "E"), I think I'm getting too much side wall flex from the tire. Is there anything out there that will give me the height of the 285 but still work with my stock wheels like the OEM 265s? Too poor right now, and probably a good while longer, to buy wider wheels.

·
Resident GINGER
775 Posts
yeah there are 255/85R16's if you want some 33's. they are about 10" wide on the stock 7" wheel and can be found in load range E.

·
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you point me to a LR E? I checked out the Toyo, but dang, they're some expensive tires.

·
Resident GINGER
775 Posts
BFG MT KM2 look to be about your only other option, and I don't know if I would exactly call that a tow vehicle tire. If your At's still have quite a bit of life on em, 4 new 16x8 wheels are cheaper than 4 new tires.

·
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Under normal circumstances, I think I'd agree with you. However, the wheels on my Ex are hub centric and almost nobody makes them. I need a center bore that is exactly 4.93" diameter. The only ones I have found are Alcoa and Weld Racing. So if I go with new wheels I'm looking at ones that are hub centric, hole pattern which is 8 on 170mm, width of probably 8", and a center bore that is 4.93". No easy task and what I've found costs more than new tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts