The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm on my way to florida towing my FW with 150 spartan. what a pulling machine. Now it hold in gear. a lot of power pulling hills . i'm averaging 11 MPG hand calculated.running 65 mph. the only thing is i experience some white-blue smoke under heavy acceleration when laucning from a stop. shifting from 1-2 is it normal??? also the maniflod gauge pressure hit 40 often( could i see more than that??? Let me know what you think.

Thank

·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i forgot to mention that the transmission control software from spartan is a dream when towing. strong shift. torque converter lock up. i really like it for pulling heavy load.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
the 150 smokes quite a bit at idle compared to other tunes.

·
278 Posts
The 150 is an awesome tune it just boost way too much. I can see well over 40 psi very easily. Then I blow boots!!! Wish I could tow with it. It seems like the 75 tune is a bit better for me???

·
181 Posts
Bought a Cat 287B Tracked Bobcat yesterday at the Ritchie brothers Auction in Edmonton which weighs 10,500 LBS pulled it home on my trailer which weighs??? Anyhow road's were fairly flat and I pulled it with the 275 tune and kept it at 120KMH or 70MPH and the EGT's never hit 1000. It pulled like an absolut dream.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not towing with the 150 tune I could get around 40 psi when I hammered it. The 210 tune about 35 psi when I hammer it, and 10 or less on the level at 65mph. I hit a hill 15-18 psi. The egr is disabled with the 210 tune, so there will be less boost, and smoke. The 210 burns very clean. I can only get smoke when I rev it when I am parked. I will be finding out soon how the 210tune does with a 14k load:thumbsup

·
176 Posts
Not towing with the 150 tune I could get around 40 psi when I hammered it. The 210 tune about 35 psi when I hammer it, and 10 or less on the level at 65mph. I hit a hill 15-18 psi. The egr is disabled with the 210 tune, so there will be less boost, and smoke. The 210 burns very clean. I can only get smoke when I rev it when I am parked. I will be finding out soon how the 210tune does with a 14k load:thumbsup
You'll love it with 14k behind it...... I've done 13,500'ish a few times and never had a problem. My normal load is 12,500 and the 210 tune is a great pulling tune with this amount of weight behind it.

·
139 Posts
I know this hasnt largely been a problem but for those who havent heard i and a few others are experiencing puking after towing with 250 275, my egts were low, pretty sure most of us blew hgs, just so ya know. I stick to the 150 for towing now, unless its a ridiculous load no puking. the 275 will still puke empty with the wind at your back if you get into it tho..

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I pulled with the 150 before the software update and i loved it, didnt smoke all that bad. Then after i updated the firmware i noticed the rpm's and boost were high when accelerating. I may tow with it but for daily driving i still like the 210.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts