The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any towing issues on the 275 tune? Iwas pulling my 28.5 foot fifth wheel the other day came up on a slow mover, slowed down until i could pass, when i started to ease into the throttle to pass, the truck would start to jerk very bad.(surge) Any one else have this problem?

·
773 Posts
some others have had this issue as well, but I can't remember what thread it was posted under, it might have been on the .org, and it was with 5th wheels not pull behinds, sorry I cant be more help.

Rene

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
its tough but yes they surge and you will need to learn how to drive around it. I believe it differs from truck to truck, altituted, weather temps and probably more variables than what I said..

I'm not sure if they are still working on it or not Spartan hasn't said anythign about it for awhile. If it surges to bad for your likingI would run the 210 or maybe even the 150 and give Spartan a call to see what is going on if anything.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My truck will do the same with my toyhauler and it is caused by two things. One is the turbo loading up and the other is the agressive throttle tip in. Go down to the 210 and you will be happier.
Anyone had any towing issues on the 275 tune? Iwas pulling my 28.5 foot fifth wheel the other day came up on a slow mover, slowed down until i could pass, when i started to ease into the throttle to pass, the truck would start to jerk very bad.(surge) Any one else have this problem?

·
Registered
146 Posts
The 275 Race tune does have an aggressive pedal and is not designed for towing.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
I could never get my truck to do this until i went to 37's but its still a good tow file i think, you just gotta know when it does it and when it doesnt, and drive around it, downshift ect

1 - 8 of 8 Posts