The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend. I towed 5K+ lbs. for 850 miles running 70-75 mph. This was my carhauler trailer with my Rockcrawler jeep on the trailer. I have 7500 miles on the truck now. I averaged 10.3 mpg on the overhead. This mileage really kinda sucks.
What kind of mileage are you guys getting towing?
This truck tows great. I lost the wheel bearing on a hub on one of the trailer axles. Then it blew a tire. The dually is so stable that I didn't feel all this going on back there. We were getting into Houston traffic and I wasn't looking at the tires in the mirrors. There was not hardly any tire left when someone pulled up along side of us and motioned to us that we had a problem.

·
1,224 Posts
I average about 10.3 to 10.5 pulling my 12,000lb 5'er going thru the mountains over and back to the coast. It includes a 30 mile stretch that has the tight hairpin turns some poasted down to 15 mph. On flat land towing best i have done is 13.4 I keep my speed under 65 when towing.:happymugs

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I average about 10-12 MPG while pulling our toyhauler which weights around 10500 lbs fully loaded but I am not pulling any mountains. I saw almost 12 on a long highway trip..

·
95 Posts
mileage

aveaged 13.9 coming back from ga to ohio pulling a 3 car hauler loaded trailer weighed 16,800# running 75-80 mph,seems faster you run the better milage if i keep th tach between 1800-2100,got 15 mpg going down to moultrie ga, pulling empty trailer weighed 6800#pulled mountains coming back w/no problem:thumbsup

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
a friend of mine has been using their 6.7 work truck to tow a camper around to the job sites and its only been getting 8 so your doing good at 10.5

1 - 5 of 5 Posts