The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Looking for anyone that has had any experience with towing with any tune. I have just added an AFE intake DPF delete and a Livewire to my '08 6.4. I just towed my 18k 5th wheel with it using the tow tune that comes on the Livewire. For the most part everything was ok except when I was at lower speeds and i gently applied throttle or gently lifted off the throttle. When I did, the truck would buck and chug and jerk like there was no tomorrow. This would happen the worst at around 50 mph, but happened almost through the whole range. Any answers? FYI, I'll probably go with a tune from Innovative because I beleive it is a transmission tune issue.

·
122 Posts
I had the same issues back when I had the canned SCT tunes as well as a couple of other tunes. I did notice that when running the Extreme race tune from Innovative, I would have to keep my foot against the transmission tunnel while applying pressure to the go pedal otherwise it would buck a bit. As for the bucking while towing, I didn't really feel it with the newer tunes.

·
122 Posts
Any you can't go wrong with ID's tunes.

·
37 Posts
Send exact thing happened to me when hauling my 40ft raptor. Got the tow tune from innovative diesel, so far no problems. I also have cold air and dpf delete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts