The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with this tie down system? Tie down set up

Also if anyone has added a tie down system please post pics if you can.

We got a 3rd honda Ruckus so now I need a place to tie it down in the toyhauler.

Thanks,

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neel, I think Jody at DP-Tuner has that same system on one of his alum flat deck trailers. And its sweet!
Cool so it would hold 3 honda Ruckus scooters? Maybe 250lbs each?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have had kinda a change in plans. Found this kit on the net tonight. By Bolt it on ( www.boltiton.com) It does not require modifying your toy hauler.

I am going to try to weld up my own version with a little twist to suit me for our 3 honda Ruckus'

Here is a pic of their product, which sells on their site for 338 bucks.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Go a reply from my dealer with what Keystone Tech support had to say.

They simply put it that adding any tie down system was not advised, and the only structural support was the main frame rails. So Im going to go forward with making my version of the bolt it on system and give that a shot, or fork over the money and get a kit ordered from them, depending on cost of metal tubing to weld up my idea. Also honda lists the ruckus' as 194 lbs each so I am not near the weight capacity of our Toyhauler.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is my version all welded up painted and installed.

They all fit, now the test will be to see if works when it goes down the roads. Hope so, cause I don't have 100 bucks in this. Ill get some pics of my bar when the Scooters are not strapped in.

·
Slacker
39 Posts
Congrats on getting it done yourself. The only advice I would offer is that they are absolutely correct that the only area able to support any substantial amount of weight is in the frame. If done incorrectly, I have seen where the tie downs literally get ripped out of the floor. Can you show us how you mounted them?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats on getting it done yourself. The only advice I would offer is that they are absolutely correct that the only area able to support any substantial amount of weight is in the frame. If done incorrectly, I have seen where the tie downs literally get ripped out of the floor. Can you show us how you mounted them?
My tie down setup hooks into the factory tie downs just as the bolt it on kit does. I will get better pics of the system, going to test it out for sure tomorrow.

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
What the hell is a honda ruckus?

·
1,060 Posts
Nicely done, I like it. Good job.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, It worked out great and for less that 80 bucks. It may not be as pretty looking at their kit but it worked!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts