Well here are a few pics. Its in the rebuild stage and I have a build up thread over on Pirate4X4(I can link to it later).
New mounts for coolers
Plus a new engine, remount fuel cell, remount bed, remount rear fenders, winch, changes to suspension, new shocks, new wiring, and a bunch of misc stuff I needed to do. It won't be finished by the time I loose my shop but I should be able to get some of the work done later.
Thanks I have been kinda rushed as I am loosing my work area and live in a condo. There were a number of other things I really wanted to do to it but won't. In a few years I am going to have to build some kinda buggy thing so I have room for more than 2 people. I got some great ideas and it will be a pretty hardcore rig.
That makes me sad that I don't have anywhere to work on anything here in florida. I've got one of them there Willy's just begging for the 3/4 ton Chevy drivetrain stuck in the weeds to go up under it. I'll just have to look at his and drool :bow:
I'm hoping that towards the end of the year I will have time and money to rent a small shop. I do car audio and detail on the side and would like to have a shop to continue with that an start doing some fab work as well. I don't the the HOA would like it if I started grinding and welding in the parking lot.
This is my old pulling tractor...Sold it last year because of my work schedule issed:
1941 John Deere Model A
Original motor was 5 1/2 bore X 6 3/4 stroke ---321cid
I wanted more :evil:
So, did some machine work
Okay, lots of machine work...
Bore 6 3/4 Stroke 9 1/4
Original block bored, offset sleeves made to fit..not cheap
Crank welded and offset ground to get to the 9 1/4 "
Cubic inches now...662
This thing was an absolute riot to listen to run..Ahh, the smell of race gas in the shed was wonderful!
I kinda miss it some days
A forum community dedicated to Diesel engine owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, builds, ecodiesel, towing capacity, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!