2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets See your Toys..

The Jeep.. Just for Off Roading

The 4-wheeler

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well here are a few pics. Its in the rebuild stage and I have a build up thread over on Pirate4X4(I can link to it later).

Its getting:
new paint

New steering

New radiator

New mounts for coolers

Plus a new engine, remount fuel cell, remount bed, remount rear fenders, winch, changes to suspension, new shocks, new wiring, and a bunch of misc stuff I needed to do. It won't be finished by the time I loose my shop but I should be able to get some of the work done later.

Enjoy

Attachments

·
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That thing is awesome ..and welcome to the Site Invite all the Guys from Pirate4x4 over :Thumbup:

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
That rig is awesome....good job

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks I have been kinda rushed as I am loosing my work area and live in a condo. There were a number of other things I really wanted to do to it but won't. In a few years I am going to have to build some kinda buggy thing so I have room for more than 2 people. I got some great ideas and it will be a pretty hardcore rig.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
That makes me sad that I don't have anywhere to work on anything here in florida. I've got one of them there Willy's just begging for the 3/4 ton Chevy drivetrain stuck in the weeds to go up under it. I'll just have to look at his and drool :bow:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm hoping that towards the end of the year I will have time and money to rent a small shop. I do car audio and detail on the side and would like to have a shop to continue with that an start doing some fab work as well. I don't the the HOA would like it if I started grinding and welding in the parking lot. :)

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
This is my old pulling tractor...Sold it last year because of my work schedule :pissed:
Specs:
1941 John Deere Model A
Original motor was 5 1/2 bore X 6 3/4 stroke ---321cid
I wanted more :evil:
So, did some machine work
Okay, lots of machine work...
Final result..
Bore 6 3/4 Stroke 9 1/4
Original block bored, offset sleeves made to fit..not cheap
Crank welded and offset ground to get to the 9 1/4 "
Cubic inches now...662
This thing was an absolute riot to listen to run..Ahh, the smell of race gas in the shed was wonderful!
I kinda miss it some days :(

Attachments

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Soon as I can I gota get this down here to florida, oughta be a blast.

90' Blazer with ORIGINAL 350, 215K on the odometer, 36' Buckshot bias ply's and in need of new gears.

Lift kits are for people without sawzalls :Thumbup:

Attachments

·
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Old Blazers are a Blast

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I bought that truck used in 94, drove the wee-wee out of it until 01. I put 160K+ before making it a play truck. That reminds me.....I gotta get a sawzall out when I get back home :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Nice to see that an exploder can do decent offroad...with enough mods :Thumbup:

Nice looking truck, I would even drive that :popcorn:

·
Registered
182 Posts
After knowing some of your trucks Billy, you will drive anything.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
That is a sweet lookin rig Dale !

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
me and the sandrail, the wife and her bike.......

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
here they are ready to go home........

1 - 20 of 89 Posts