The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is a 08 350 with leveling kit. I have the factory 20s with the goodyears. I like the look of the toyo mt open countrys. Anyone have them and how do you like em. Whats the biggest i can fit without rubbing?

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
I've got the same setup with 35's...go with 35's. No bigger. Love the tires

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good to hear. I like thelook of these tires on the factory 20s. Best price i found was $1600 for 4. Sound right? I also hear there not too loud . True?

·
673 Posts

·
16 Posts
As long as you don't tow heavy loads you will be fine. My MT's have worn out in 20K from towing a 40' toy hauler. You must constantly rotate these tires in any situation!

·
1,060 Posts
I am running toyo"s mt's, I have 11K miles on them 4K was a trip with 2500lbs in the bed and 5000lbs bumper pull trailer I did have a bit of wear on the rear tires about 1/16" more than the front but they still look great I should get 35-40k out of them.
Every one around here keeps toyo's on there truck.

·
1,060 Posts
Did you sipe your tires?

I am not sure they will hold up with all the power but...
NO WAY,I will not sipe my tires. the truck is heavy enough to not need it in my opinion. I have never slid around a corner or offramp unless i plan it.:peelout

·
673 Posts
Plus they come with enough siping

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They must be decent on wet roads then. I had BFG muds on a old truck and they were horrable in the rain.

·
212 Posts
Toyo MT's are fantastic. I had mine during 3 winters in Alaska. Never sipped them or had to put any weight in the bed. I had some MT MTZ's before I put on the Toyo's and will never go back.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
i used to have some toyo a/t and i couldnt get traction for nothing on a wet road... best a/t tire ive ever ran for rain is cooper zeon a/t... them things hooked up great.... just not good at all for the mud

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im almost never in the mud. I just like the look of the toyo mts on the stock 20s. Im in the snow quite a bit. I plow with the truck.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
i dont know a ton about m/t tires...but seems to me if your going to be plowing you would need to go with a good a/t instead of m/t... m/t has lugs to bite in the mud, lugs are not good for pavement or ice traction... like i said, them cooper zeons are the best tire ive ever ran on wet pavement or snow/ice.... had some nitto a/t few years ago and they did well in winter as well...

·
1,060 Posts
Toyo MT's are fantastic. I had mine during 3 winters in Alaska. Never sipped them or had to put any weight in the bed. I had some MT MTZ's before I put on the Toyo's and will never go back.
It looks like mstr-p has had a bit of experiance with them in snow, there is a bit of snow found in ALASKA he might have said something if anyone were to. My toyo MT's drive like an all terain till in gets nasty then they find a way to bite into the earth, I have play'ed with them at tahoe and had no issues. I have had a bunch of other brand mt's that make you feel like :fan in less than ideal conditions. But I have also never plowed with my truck... so

·
23 Posts
I have had the toyos for 2 seasons now in alaska and i love'em. Had the bfg's, that was a joke, toyos are better all around and very quiet. Lost a couple mpg's but the performance in the deep snow trying to get to riding spots is worth it, and they look good. Must rotate often though!!!

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
hmmm, I have never had anything else on this truck but I will not try them again.

Pros
Good off road
Look good
Wear isnt too bad
Never had a flat from rocks (only a nail)

Cons
Very noisy - my friends Kumos are way quieter
terrible in snow/ice

Keep in mind mine are 13.5 wide so that makes the Cons worse. This winter they are getting siped and maybe even studded and buying something different in the spring.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts