The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've got an 08 f250. What color are the tpms sensors and are they band type or screw on valve stem. My trucks missing them so I need some. Also are they the same for the 250 to 350? And if anybody has some they want to part with let me know. Grassy

·
68 Posts
I have a Job 2 2008 F250. My TPM sensors are green. They are the band type. FWIW, you can not reuse the factory bands, you must purchase new ones. The replacements have a hose clamp type worm screw so you can reuse them again. I'm not sure, but I bet the F250 and F350 use the same part since the recommended tire pressure is close if not the same.

Hope this helps.

·
1,700 Posts
Also there is actually 4 pieces to each TPMS per wheel.
1. band
2. sensor
3. sensor cradle ( metal bracket sensor mounts to )
4. clip

The cradle will come with a strap kit from Ford, and the clip will come with a sensor from Ford too.

·
212 Posts
Ok I've got an 08 f250. What color are the tpms sensors and are they band type or screw on valve stem. My trucks missing them so I need some. Also are they the same for the 250 to 350? And if anybody has some they want to part with let me know. Grassy
Here are the part numbers I used for my truck. Hope it helps.

OEM 20" Wheel Sensor Assembly - Part # 6F2Z1A189A
OEM 20" Wheel Sensor Band Assembly - Part # 6F2Z1A193E

I have had no issues with lights and everything works great.

·
86 Posts
I have had no issues with lights and everything works great.[/QUOTE]

What tire pressure do you run to keep the light off. My Toyos only go to 65psi and thats not enough for my truck.

·
86 Posts
Texas Truck your truck looks sweet. I love the BMFs on a silver Super Duty.

·
84 Posts
Im sure that if its an issue u can take it to the dealer ship and the can hook it up to the computer and rest the tire psi that way you dont have to run what the door says but the light will stay off

·
212 Posts
I have had no issues with lights and everything works great.
What tire pressure do you run to keep the light off. My Toyos only go to 65psi and thats not enough for my truck.[/QUOTE]

I run around 60-65 psi...the sensor has to be adjusted to the right pressure setting.

·
84 Posts
i mean the module in the the truck the picks up the pressure from the sensor i work at a gm dealership and i can hook a tech2 up to a gm vehicle and set it to were instead of having to have 80psi in the tire u can set it to were u would only have to have 65 and it would not turn the light on

1 - 10 of 10 Posts