The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we have a fix for the low tire pressure sensor warning in the dash yet?

Id rather get it answered here than to call Spartan with a little question like this.
Im not sure if the tire calibration that they now offer includes this or not.
Im getting real sick of seeing that darn light in my dash :thumbdown

Thanks

·
Super *********
305 Posts
Remove dash, Snip Wire, Re-install dash

·
370 Posts
You still get the alarm on the dash that displays "low tire pressure" and have to hit the reset button everytime the truck is started. I wish they'd never thought of these TPMS's. They are gayer than aids.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I agree, Its really not all that necessary. I think it should be an option you have to pay for. It really screws you up if you want aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I agree, Its really not all that necessary. I think it should be an option you have to pay for. It really screws you up if you want aftermarket wheels.
You can put the sensors in the aftermarket wheels.. We do it al the time at my shop and relearn them then they work fine....:happymugs

·
370 Posts
He means if you run a different tire size that doesn't require the 50 in the front and 80 in the rear that it will set the alarm off. I put 35's on my factory 20's and it sets the alarm off running 50 all the way around. I changed out the factory wheels "big mistake" and went for some aftermarket wheels and had to buy bands also and just reused the sensors.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
He means if you run a different tire size that doesn't require the 50 in the front and 80 in the rear that it will set the alarm off. I put 35's on my factory 20's and it sets the alarm off running 50 all the way around. I changed out the factory wheels "big mistake" and went for some aftermarket wheels and had to buy bands also and just reused the sensors.
Yes, Thats exactly what i meant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts