The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posed this over on the otherside (7.3 psd page) but thoght i shold put it here to when i run my truck @ wot im only getting 75.30% pedal acording to my AutoE scaner does anyone know how to test the tps or where to get a new one cheap?
thanks

·
191 Posts
i posed this over on the otherside (7.3 psd page) but thoght i shold put it here to when i run my truck @ wot im only getting 75.30% pedal acording to my AutoE scaner does anyone know how to test the tps or where to get a new one cheap?
thanks
Here you can get one, not cheap:

http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=65

And I have this in my pc maybe helps you:
TPS VOLTS

You need to put a voltmeter across the GY/W and the GY/R wires on the connector to the TPS. With the key on, watch the voltage across the range of the throttle to see if there is any flat spots. You should see no less than 3.7 volts at idle position and no more than 4.5 volts at full throttle. The the third wire, (BRN/W), is the ref. voltage and should be 5 volts all the time.
IVS is on or off....

TPS

Full voltage on the TPS should be in the range of 3.9-4.5 volts. If its higher (say about 4.65 volts) then the PCM gets confused and reverts to idle state even if the pedal is fully depressed. Anything less than 3.9 volts or so the PCM may not think full throttle is being called for. Mine read 100% with a AutoX-ray scanner but Ease diagnostics said it was only 3.5 volts. This voltage can be adjusted by slotting the mounting holes of the TPS and rotating it until the desired voltage is obtained. An alternate method is to remove the throttle stop rod and replacing it with a smaller diameter bolt (5/16"? and grinding in a flat) thats fully threaded so it can be locked into position with nuts on both sides ot the bracket. I had to do both slotting and replacing the rod to get enough travel to bring the voltage to 4.2 volts. My pedal looks a little strange but it worked for me.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Here you can get one, not cheap:

http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=65

And I have this in my pc maybe helps you:
TPS VOLTS

You need to put a voltmeter across the GY/W and the GY/R wires on the connector to the TPS. With the key on, watch the voltage across the range of the throttle to see if there is any flat spots. You should see no less than 3.7 volts at idle position and no more than 4.5 volts at full throttle. The the third wire, (BRN/W), is the ref. voltage and should be 5 volts all the time.
IVS is on or off....

TPS

Full voltage on the TPS should be in the range of 3.9-4.5 volts. If its higher (say about 4.65 volts) then the PCM gets confused and reverts to idle state even if the pedal is fully depressed. Anything less than 3.9 volts or so the PCM may not think full throttle is being called for. Mine read 100% with a AutoX-ray scanner but Ease diagnostics said it was only 3.5 volts. This voltage can be adjusted by slotting the mounting holes of the TPS and rotating it until the desired voltage is obtained. An alternate method is to remove the throttle stop rod and replacing it with a smaller diameter bolt (5/16"? and grinding in a flat) thats fully threaded so it can be locked into position with nuts on both sides ot the bracket. I had to do both slotting and replacing the rod to get enough travel to bring the voltage to 4.2 volts. My pedal looks a little strange but it worked for me.
ive got .86 at idle
im only getting 3.74 volts @75% ped pos so i guss its shot?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts