The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to get some traction bars. Looked at the OUO versions, pro comp, and superlift forcemax versions. What do you guys think. I like the ouo small gussets. Price is about right I guess. Gonna start doing some truck pulls here soon so any experience with would be nice.

·
518 Posts
take a look at farmboy fabrication bars also.......great price and they do the trick!

·
773 Posts
I have the ouo small gusset adaptible lenght and they are great!!!

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to give an update I tried calling Farmboy fabrications today and while I was on hold I lost the call and was too busy after that. Can you believe that none of the shops around here to in house custom fabrications. I :bang this place. I like the ouo's but what about them is adjustable? The length, can you center your axle with them, whats the deal? Also i'm sure that farmboy fab knows but what kinda length would I be looking at? Crew cab short bed. And I like the rize bars but I just can't see my self paying that much for some when I can get some for half the price that'll do the job.

·
773 Posts
The OUO's are adjustable in that you can choose you lenght as you are installing in order to get the lenght that you want and to choose the mounting spot around anything that may be in the way. I have also helped install and repair a set of rize bars.... I'm gonna repeat the REPAIR, alot.

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Rize bars from what I see just bolt on. Now I haven't experimented with them myself so I don't know for certain but I'm not sure if I would trust them to hold up to repeated abuse. But like I said, I have experimented with them myself. What repairs you have to make?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm making upwards of 650rwhp on a daily basis with 38" tires and haven't had an issue with them. They are a bolt on system, but hey, so is the front suspension.

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just realized in my last post I said that "I have experimented with them." Just clearing up that I haven't. I like the way they look, and not saying that with them being bolt on means that they won't do the job. I just see how if they couldn't. I trust your word Jesse on what you say especially if they're handling 650RWHP just fine. But none the less I prolly will not go with these as they will not fit the style of my 4-link setup in the front. I'm probably going to go with Farmboy Fabrications as the look will fit and they're half the price of the Rize bars.

·
Team White
727 Posts
I also have the OUO small gusset adjustable traction blocks. They are really nice soldid pieces. I like that they are not so bulky and noticable like some of the others on the market and they match my Icon 4 link really nice.

·
773 Posts
We've had to repair the rear mounting bracketry(sp)

·
68 Posts
Is it true that Rize are floating traction bars? Meaning they attach some how to the top and bottom of the axle. Whereas single bars, like OUO / BDS / ProComp / FabTech attach at the bottom of the axle. A common problem is if the bar length from the axle to the frame rail is to short, the rear axle can bind as the rear leaf springs compress or droop.

I'm considering traction bars, do they eliminate 100% of all driveline vibrations?

Thanks.

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No they do not eliminate all vibrations.

·
68 Posts
This is so confusing.... $600 - $1200 and not a complete fix....

What drive line vibrations do they eliminate then? I'm guessing take-off vibrations.

Assuming I don't have tire/wheel/drive shaft/etc. balance issues, what drive line vibration don't they fix?

Thanks.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Traction bars will eliminate axle wrap usually caused when you take off from the line. As far as drive line vibrations I can't help you with that. Sorry bud.

·
68 Posts
Thank you... what you say coincides with what I've been reading too. In my case, I'm getting vibration at speed, under some load I guess, simple, nothing fancy, normal driving. Odd thing is when I drive at the speeds where the vibration happens (35 to 45 mph), it's bearly noticable, whereas driving through that range I vibrates. Is that what they refer to as "load"?

·
68 Posts
AP, thanks for calling me out on the Fabtech, I stand corrected. I got carried away with the typing...

·
68 Posts
Hey LovinPSDs, did you need to shim your carrier bearing, if so how much? Also, what size blocks and degree taper if any do you have?

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
So is anone having problems with binding when the axel travels up and down??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts