The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here has ever ordered or had to replace the ramps on there trailer. My dad just bought a 24 ft. gooseneck flatbed. It doesn't have any dovetail at all and he would like to find some ramps for it. 90% of the time we will be hauling hay rolls so it won't matter but we would like to get a set of ramps so that we could haul tractors/trucks and other equipment around. The deck height right now on this trailer is at 44" but we might make some adj. to get it down near the normal 36".

Thanks, Aaron

·
3,754 Posts
I would just have some made. They cant be hard to have made at the local welding shop, gotta be pretty long so they arent too steep

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yeah, those ramps are gonna be long and heavy!! The problem with high decks- the ramps need to be so long and build bombproof so they don't fold up on you that it is really difficult to handle them....but it depends on the breakover height you need- if the vehicle you're putting on the trailer is say a tractor, the ramps could be shorter because of the tractor's ground clearance, but if it's a car, the ramps are gonna look like Evel Kneivel's take off ramp........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts