The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
J Mann Backhoe Service
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 10 ton pintle trailer I haul my equipment on. This is what it needs , new wiring , new brake drums , or a kit that has drum hub seal and bearings , all 4 brake back plates and some floor work . I can buy a new trailer for 7k , the parts I have figured are around 2500 to 3k to fix my 20 year old trailer up. I am leaning toward a new one to eliminate and more problems. Any body have any advice on the subject. One other thing , I have no depriciation value on the old trailer , so a new one would help on taxes.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Here is my take, I have been watching goosenecks for sometime, a 3-5 year old gooseneck will see for higher than new ones at actions. I have seen them listed for 2-300 bucks less than new on craigslist or in auto traders. If you can swing the cost of a new trailer that would be a good deal, but what problems can a trailer have once you fix the issues you mentioned? I have never been a real fan of a pintle but I also have only pulled them with a pick up, not a dump truck.. If it were me Id get a new gooseneck!

·
Man. Trans 2wd Enthusiast
185 Posts
I would say sell it and buy another. there are fools out there that will pay near new, so benefit from their stupidity, and buy peace of mind, and lower upkeep!

good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts