The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had tranny coler lines leak or seep on ther truck and had them replaced and repleced again is there any fix...

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
has anyone had tranny coler lines leak or seep on ther truck and had them replaced and repleced again is there any fix...
There's 2 other threads on this topic you can read for more info.

Mine seeped a little. Took it to dealer, fixed and done, no problem.

I do wonder why GM let this problem, even if it's pretty minor, go unresolved.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
yea you can clearly see where the front of my truck has been repeatedly parked.. looks like a small animal was shot and bled out.... there are aftermarket braided lines that are available, i have no idea where to get them but i have heard of them

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
For warranty purposes, I assume that would be covered under the 5yr/100,000 mile drivetrain part, correct?

I hope a trans line leak wouldn't be only covered under the 3/36,000. But you never know with warranties......:(

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Mine were covered by GM.
mine were covered, replaced once and now that they are leaking again, no more drivetrain warranty, so im gona let them leak for a while, untill i can find a better part to replace them with:thumbdown

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
Are they covered under the 5/100,000, or do they weasle those leaks into the 3/36,000?

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Are they covered under the 5/100,000, or do they weasle those leaks into the 3/36,000?
i am fairly certain that they arent covered under the 'engine' warranty:fart

·
3,939 Posts
They are covered, but I think its only 3/36. Not sure, you'd have to check with your dealer.

Last I knew, GM was revising the lines again, as the crimps on the first two designs were substandard. Thats what you get when you have your parts made in China.

A few guys have bought new lines and replaced the OEM rubber/crimps with braided line and fittings. No leaks again.....

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
They are covered, but I think its only 3/36. Not sure, you'd have to check with your dealer.

Last I knew, GM was revising the lines again, as the crimps on the first two designs were substandard. Thats what you get when you have your parts made in China.

A few guys have bought new lines and replaced the OEM rubber/crimps with braided line and fittings. No leaks again.....
thats what im gonna get done when i have the cash:thumbsup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts