The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 01 psd and im sure u all seen the small *** tranny cooler. well i seen a bigger one in my local advanced part store and i am wondering if i can use this to better cool my tranny the length is prolly 2ft and prolly 1ft tall and prolly 1/2 inch thick now would this hurt the tranny at ?? thanks for any help...prolly RACERX would know:popcorn:

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #77
940 Posts
I would skip that one and find a 6.0 tranny cooler. They bolt right in place with some minor plumbing changes (3/8" to 1/2" if memory is right).:Thumbup:

·
41 Posts
Yea but your going to give a arm and a leg for one. Look for a tru-cool with the 40,000lbs GVW.

·
Fireman
52 Posts
Heat is what kills the transmission, so any way that you can get those temps down the better. I need to do this too, and money always plays a part in what we do to our trucks. So I'd say go for the biggest cooler that you can afford, and that fits in the grill. Then, post a write up about it!

Good luck,
Michael

·
TDG Mafia Member # 70
426 Posts
strokedout_07 said:
i have a 01 psd and im sure u all seen the small *** tranny cooler. well i seen a bigger one in my local advanced part store and i am wondering if i can use this to better cool my tranny the length is prolly 2ft and prolly 1ft tall and prolly 1/2 inch thick now would this hurt the tranny at ?? thanks for any help...prolly RACERX would know:popcorn:

i got a b&m trans cooler. i left the stock one on and put this in line. i love it. i never see temps over 150 degrees.

it might be hard to see, but it is right behind my grill, green!!!

·
0 Posts
If you can swing it...I also agree with the tru-cool max. In my pictures you can see how I have mine mounted.

Be sure to get a stacked plate design instead of a tube/fin design. They cool much much better.

Do you have the cooler thats also in the bottom of the radiator? I thought they started them MY2k.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #77
940 Posts
Guess I haven't been paying attention to the cost of the 6.0 coolers for a while. I paid $125.00 shipped to my door a few years ago (New in the box). There was two on Ebay today for around $400.00 :shrug: Did they start gold plating them or what?

·
0 Posts
TooLoudTooBad said:
Guess I haven't been paying attention to the cost of the 6.0 coolers for a while. I paid $125.00 shipped to my door a few years ago (New in the box). There was two on Ebay today for around $400.00 :shrug: Did they start gold plating them or what?
Thats because all us 7.3L guys began picking them up when we found the fit directly.

·
1,726 Posts
TooLoudTooBad said:
Kind of like HPOP's. Have you ever noticed what you can buy a 6.0 HPOP on Ebay for? Like 125 buck brand new. It's pathetic that you can't get a used 7.3 one for that some days, but a simple issue of supply and demand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts