The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BODEY
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone repaired a drain plug in a tranny pan. I had my tranny serviced at midas shop and i think they over tightened it now it just spins and leaks,it wont loosen or tighten and just leaks. can and how do you replace this plug? Thanx for your suport:)

·
1,324 Posts
Has anyone repaired a drain plug in a tranny pan. I had my tranny serviced at midas shop and i think they over tightened it now it just spins and leaks,it wont loosen or tighten and just leaks. can and how do you replace this plug? Thanx for your suport:)
I think I would call them and complain first. Seems like the threads in my torqshift were a pressed in part. If its the same on the 4r100 then the pan may need to be replaced or possibly stake the pressed in part with a punch to keep it from spinning.

Reactions: huntem

·
BODEY
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I would call them and complain first. Seems like the threads in my torqshift were a pressed in part. If its the same on the 4r100 then the pan may need to be replaced or possibly stake the pressed in part with a punch to keep it from spinning.
yep its like a crimp fit. They broke loose. im gonna tig it and make it beter than new:happydance. I didnt catch it in time for them to fix it. The truck was down with a blowen engine for a while. thanx for the response WELD.:usflag

·
1,324 Posts
Even better - obviously my preferred method involves a bright blue light. Soak it good with some carb cleaner and dry for a while to avoid swiss cheese.

·
BODEY
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even better - obviously my preferred method involves a bright blue light. Soak it good with some carb cleaner and dry for a while to avoid swiss cheese.
Welding it worked out vary well. Its to bad it wasnt welded in the first place.:usflag." WHEN IN DOUBT WELD IT":usflag. Thanxs for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts