The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 03 7.3 tuner, exhaust, intake, water meth and tranny is on last leg. I live in vermont and am wonderin what the best replacement tranny would be that could handle mods i got plus eventually bigger oil mild injectors and turbo...only wanna do tranny once...

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
BTS

·
272 Posts
I heard suncoast are great!

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so now i've had a couple people tell i might not need to replace tranny. The problem occurs while shifting its like tranny kicks half into netrul then slams into the next gear, it doesn't slip while in gear only while shifting. so i've been told to try having the tranny flushed then new fluid and add lucas to it and put a racer x valve body in. anyone think this sounds right?

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
You could pursue the valve body and other mods you described, but if you're gonna add injectors and turbo then you may want to go ahead and get the transmission built before hand.

Depends on your budget.

Pay now or pay later.

prt

·
1911 single stack
215 Posts
And when you do....BTS.

Jake

·
Registered
27 Posts
And when you do....BTS.

Jake
:damnit

Do you know where Cales tunes came from? We do....shame on you! :poke

:welcome

Welcome to the Major Leagues kid. :) Ever been to a Major League city like N.Y. or any city that actually has a Major League ballpark? Or even a city with a port that can unload big ocean liners instead of just 18 wheelers? Where do you think those 18 wheeler size storage boxes without wheels come from? Why can't BTS support any forum or charity....? :popcorn

·
272 Posts
BTS maybe good but the warranty is not as good as suncoast.

·
1,359 Posts
How long should a stock Ford Tranny be expected to last in a stock truck ? The convertor went in my 99 PSD at 77k. Is that premature ? Good thing it had a warranty, it was big bucks.

·
454 Posts
Well I have a 99 ford and it is stock origanal tranny right now. I also have a 2001 CTD 2500. My tranny in the dodge was good till the TC started getting tired around 100K. I got a sucoast valvebody, TC, billet flexplate, and a couple other small things and the thing is unbelievable. When the ford TC gets tired I am definetly going with a sucoast VB and torque coverter. I have nothing but good things to say about them and have had nothing but good luck. You say you live in Vermont. Give Ben a call at Northest Performance Diesel. He is a good friend of mine and will not steer you wrong. I got all my stuff from him for my dodge and I will later for my ford dump too. Google his website and you can get his number from there. Go suncoat man, you won't regret it.

·
454 Posts
How long should a stock Ford Tranny be expected to last in a stock truck ? The convertor went in my 99 PSD at 77k. Is that premature ? Good thing it had a warranty, it was big bucks.
Thats because ford puts a sloppy TC in there trucks. Its so loose that you have to really put your foot in it to get it to move. Tighter converters are better for a diesel and lets them get the power to the ground. dodge is no different. My dodge was the same way untill I upgraded to a sucoast VB and TC.

·
37 Posts
I heard suncoast are great!
Maybe. There is something they claim they engineered. We know who actually did. :D

Our pleasure R. Enjoyed picking the protype up in the world of Formula 1, Indy cars, Le mans, Nascar, Alcohol burning nitrous injected Top Fuel Dragsters and more.
It's in the Sunshine State each year, but no Suncoast, A.T.S, or BTS etc. have been seen there yet. :shrugs :shrugs :shrugs

http://www.performanceracing.com/tradeshow

See the interactive floorplan link here:
http://www.performanceracing.com/tradeshow/floorplan/interactive_floorplan.html

"And that's the way it is" --Walter Cronkite :thumbsup

·
172 Posts
You people are hiliarious...

Suncoast warranty better than BTS?? Its hard to beat lifetime for the original owner! Ask suncoast to honor that one. I had a suncost converter, and let me tell ya PI makes a much more efficent one IMO.

And why don't you see BTS here supporting or there doing whatever? Because they dont have to. THey stay out of the internet drama, like is going on here. I wouldnt feel a need either when I have appointments dating out 4-6 weeks in advance at any given point in time, all at $4100 a pop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts