The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so im driving in traffic about 30-40mph, put my foot on the gas to accelerate, motor revs up to 4000rpm but truck wont respond, hit the gas pedal a couple of times, nothing happens,let the motor drops down to idle, give it gas and it accelerates. Felt like the tranny with into neutral. This has happened 3 times.

·
Resident GINGER
775 Posts
I would Recommend not putting letting it rev to 4grand, and I would also recommend paying your dealer a visit.

·
Mafia member #6
1,714 Posts
There is a Tcm flash to fix the neautral flare,just drop by the dealer and let them update the Tcm

·
Mafia member #6
1,714 Posts
Go down to your dealer and tell them what its doing,they will reprogram your truck to the latest calibration and all your problems will be solved in less than 30min. There is a TSB out on the issue.

·
187 Posts
Go down to your dealer and tell them what its doing,they will reprogram your truck to the latest calibration and all your problems will be solved in less than 30min. There is a TSB out on the issue.
great suggestion, and another tweak towards the end of the month if available in time..tweaks towards getting the power to the ground quicker especially in that lazy 2-3 upshifts..as well as slightly quicker and 10% firmer shifts 3-6 gears..thats what they are working on. Jeff

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So am I experiencing a mechanical problem, or is it eletronic. Seems kind of strange that a computer would drop a tranny into neutral.

·
187 Posts
Jassman please share about this new flash for more power?
I was not told that..and just what I posted above, I answered this on another thread as well. I hope we are both correct..I was also told from a friend of a friend that knows a GM engineer that they are also perfecting on their tranny...as well as I mentioned from a Dodge engineer the inproved power which was also posted today by another member.

·
139 Posts
So am I experiencing a mechanical problem, or is it eletronic. Seems kind of strange that a computer would drop a tranny into neutral.
My issue wasn't quite as drastic however I had a corrupted TCM (Transmission Control Module?) program from the 400/800 flash. A re-flash seems to have taken away the shifting issues for me, for now. 4000 miles since it was done.

Hopefully that is your issue as well.

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was down at ford today, and they told me there was no TSB's on this issue. Does anybody know what the TSB# is on this problem, seems like nobody knew what i was talking about at ford

·
Euro Sparky/ Wrencher
1,065 Posts
Was down at ford today, and they told me there was no TSB's on this issue. Does anybody know what the TSB# is on this problem, seems like nobody knew what i was talking about at ford
I am not sure if Jassman may have a number or not but not always have TSB for it sometime it may have software upgrade in different area than what the dealer is looking it up so therefore IMO if that dealer can not get any details check with other dealer some way they may know something along the way.

I am sure one of the Ford owner in here will know one way or other if they do they will be more than happy to post it.

Merci.
Marc

·
187 Posts
there has been two flash's one was the 400/800 upgrade...need a different dealership... there is also a third coming by end of month..thats when the dealers will get it. most dealerships are the last to find out anything, but should know what has been out for months. Jeff

·
187 Posts
I am not sure if Jassman may have a number or not but not always have TSB for it sometime it may have software upgrade in different area than what the dealer is looking it up so therefore IMO if that dealer can not get any details check with other dealer some way they may know something along the way.

I am sure one of the Ford owner in here will know one way or other if they do they will be more than happy to post it.

Merci.
Marc
I will ask today...see if I can find info..if Steve the service manager is in.. Jeff

Reactions: french277

·
187 Posts

·
3,533 Posts
A customer of mine has a new Ford 2011 with the 6.7 got one of the first ones available, how many updates are there, from the beginning, do they put a decal when the up grade it, and where do the put the decals?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts