The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have 130,000 on my truck and the other day it started clunking when I would put the truck in reverse. We were out of town camping and on the way home I noticed it starting shifting really slow from 1st into 2nd. When we got back in town I parked the truck and it sat for about a week wnd theen I had to take it in to the ford dealer to the body shop , because I got hit with some hail, the guy`s at the body shop thought it sounded like my ujoints. After I got home I checked the ujoints and the drive shafts , every thing okay. I checked the tranny fliud level ,it was a little high. Next morning I drained out about a quart of fliud and it was black and smelt burnt. So now here is my ? Please post up who you think makes the best built transmission for the 7.3L psd. Thanks for any and all input!!! :usflag

·
115 Posts
Im sure others will chime in but Id start looking into a BTS tranny. It may cost a little more, but it will definitly hold its own. Just my .02

Reactions: astro

·
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Called and talk to bts today and seam like the best way to go!! I really didn`t think for removing and rebuilding and reinstalling , fluids and taxes that $5000 is a great price!! Now I just have to get the $ together and figure how I can get my truck there, It`s only about 540 miles away, but I`ll have to tow it. Any ideals on that one?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts