The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when changing oil i noticed a small amount of tranny oil leaking from seam between bell housing and tranny. (auto). i have 61000 miles stock. went into several dealers they all told me the same thing. out of warranty. i even had my tranny fluid changed at 33000 by the dealer just to be safe. now at 68000 it leaves a small 1-2 circle on ground every time i park it. i check fluid every day and have never had to add any fluid. this truck get used every day for work and can not have it down right now. i also have tranny oil hanging off my starter. it must be hitting the flywheel and getting flung.

what are my options. should i contact ford? if they are not going to help me i will pull tranny and do repair myself in the fall.

truck is a 2008 f450 job 3 auto with 4.10 gears.

kinda mad because you know it is not just a seal. the bearing is prob bad making the seal leak. also i had the fluid changed to be the safe side. the dealer but that BD additive in for the extra tranny warranty. but now they tell me they do not cover seals or leaks.

·
186 Posts
No ESP I take it? The powertrain warranty is 5/60, so you are out of warranty. You might try calling Ford customer service and see if they want to be nice since you're only slightly out of warranty, but don't hold your breath. Hopefully you put the $2k or so you saved by not purchasing an ESP in a CD or something so you have funds for the repair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts