The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BUG JUICER and
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
July is gone again, and with it, i have had many inquiries about creating a highly effective TOC that doesn't set us back $500.

If there is interest, I am going to do it, with a target price of $290.

And it is going to outperform any other as a drop in-replacement. A target improvement of 35-40 F summer towing.

But only if there is interest.

·
BUG JUICER and
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is not a lot of pumping power behind the torque converter, so maximizing heat rejection rate also means minimizing pressure drop to keep flow highest. Many types of coolers, the one in youe link is a good example, have high levels of resistance.

A fanned cooler is important if you do a lot of low speed maneuvering, or towing in sand...most of us don't need it.

It was just a thought. I will be doing a proto batch just for grins. We see 220-260 on trannies out here all the time. It could be better.

·
1,189 Posts
I see. I am just trying to understand all the differences. I am planning on adding a second tranny cooler to my cummins because I do a lot of up hill towing and people don't move out of my way because I have a trailer on and have to drop out of drive for them so my converter will not lock up down there and it gets warm quick at low speeds like that. but if I can keep it locked up it stays way below 195 usually towing it's between 175 and 185. even in the 113 heat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.