The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm about to take the plunge on a fully built 4R100 and billet converter.. I priced out a unit from BTS in Arkansas, with a triple disc billet converter, installed for 4100.00. I've heard good things about them..

Any other reputable places that are a little more competative with pricing? 4100.00 is a lot of money! I don't mind paying it, but, if I can find something a little less expensive that would be great.

I will be running a Turbonetics BB unit, upgraded I/C, injectors and SCT livewire. I need to be able to tow and drive it on the street..

Travis

·
862 Posts
For the amount of work that the Brian and the BTS crew does on those transmissions, that price is a steal. On another forum someone went to their "local shop" to get a similar build on their trans, and the cost was well over $5000. Also the BTS warranty is the best in the business. Brian has always stood by his transmissions well after the warranty period has expired.

I'm very happy with my BTS, and I would recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
BTS here as well.

It takes the thorough @ss-whoopin' that I feed my truck daily with a smile....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool.. BTS it is.. :)

Like I said, I don't have a problem spending the money.. I just wanted to know if that was a good price. I'm not used to spending 4K+ on a trans! But, I'm used to running TH400's and powerglides in my race cars..

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
You won't be dissapointed, Brian is an awesome guy to deal with....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nother vote for Brians. Went thru 3 trany's on my stock 7.3(300+k on it). After the last one, my buddy took my blown box, and his low milage Quigley to Brians, from Long Island Ny(road trip and airfare). Had mine built, and his done(preventitive measure) I've put 30k on it since putting it back in, and loe it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does his converter/trans package fix the sluggish crap off the line associated with the factory parts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts