The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all:

The Truck - 1994 F250 RWD, XLT Turbo 7.3L IDI (Pre PSD) Stock - E40D

The Problem - O/D Off Light is Flashing and am experiencing hard shifts up and down.

Just started yesterday. I thought that I may have done something when I changed the ATF over this past weekend. I included new filter and did drain the TC as well. Got about 14 quarts in all. Replaced with NAPA premium Dex/Merc III.

Monday and Tuesday all went well, nice smooth shifts over about 175 miles over both days. Then Wednesday came :gaah

After about 20 miles of driving on the highway, there was a big slow down and when I started to go again, gained speed. Then the first shift to the next gear was hard, & I said Huh. Then the next shift & it was harder yet. Then I noticed the flashing O/D light. Did not go away overnight. Still there today.

I pulled codes & I got a 23 (Current KOEO) and then a 62 from "Memory". I did have the go pedal down when the Scanner was communicating with the trucks computer.

These are what the definitions of the above codes are:
  • 23 for Diesel Truck - Fuel Injector Pump Lever Sensor input is out of self test range.
  • 62, Trucks only - Transmission 4/3 circuit fault

Okay, now what do I do? Where do I begin? I have no idea what the first code's (23) sensor is and I haven't a clue as to what the DTC 62 means.
Please help

·
69 Posts
tranny problem

you've probably got it fixed by know,but sounds like throttle position sensor,is out of range,maybe.i'm guessing it's a e40d tranny,they're picky,good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts