The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy matt has a 2000 2500 with an auto tranny...when the tourqe converter is in lock up in o/d it locks and unlocks while driving..we put a computer on it and the t/c soleniod is telling the t/c to stay locked the whole time...it happens whenever it wants...has anyone had this problem? we serviced the tranny checked the tps and the bands are all fine...what is happening..any help would be great..thank you
steve

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I believe the tcc solenoid grounds itself out to complete the circuit to lock up the tcc. Alot of times bad battery grounds can cause the problem you are describing.

Not saying that is diffently your problem. Have you ruled out your o/d being nuked yet? You'll find people that overhaul the 48RE/47RE/47RH/46RE, etc. will do the whole trany besides the o/d because of the spring inside. But if your 100% postive it's your tcc and not the o/d then disregard this whole paragraph.

Also it could be the brake switch too. Check and see what that is doing on the scanner.

Talk him into putting a tcc switch in, they are fun and easy and free if you got some spare electronic parts laying around.

Then again after all that, you could have just fried your tcc, that happens.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had these exact same issues when I first bought my truck. I tried the every trick I heard of with no change. After several months someone finally told me to try the DTT Noise Filter. Not one problem since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts