The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
i';ve heard from some people that after 120k that most dodge deisel trannys are in risk of blowin. LIke if i were to buy a truck that had a 170 k on ti and and it had the stock tranny should i be weary?? or is that stuff untrue..I'm talking about standard and autos?
thanks
anthony

·
1,055 Posts
It depends on weither the owner takes care of it, what it is used for, how much power over stock, and how they drove it. Dodges autos are not the best. If they are taken care of and not abused they are OK at best.

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
If the power hadn't been bumped up, and no sign of heavy towning use, I'd get the tranny serviced and call it good. The Auto is a good unit if it's not pushed to it's limits and will last a long time if serviced, The standards Dodge use are almost bulletproof, even at 400+ HP after that then a good SBC clutch or someting and it's good to go

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
My auto tranny had almost 160,000 miles on it when I bought the truck and it was fine (at least until I started adding mods:evil: ). I would be more concerned about the fuel pumps. Checking fuel pressure before buying is a must.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
akapparos said:
My auto tranny had almost 160,000 miles on it when I bought the truck and it was fine (at least until I started adding mods:evil: ). I would be more concerned about the fuel pumps. Checking fuel pressure before buying is a must.

:iagree

1 - 5 of 5 Posts