The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Learning to smoke
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how much is to much? Or how much is normal. What amount of torque does your dash daq say? I love my Spartan just pray I'm not trashing the truck. Give me some info. guys......

·
2008 F350 Murdered out
244 Posts
There's a really good way to see how much slip your torque converter is producing. What ever tune your running, after the tranny locks up in 5th gear nail it to the floor if the tc stays in the single digits like 5 means your tc is awesome shape and so would your tranny but if you see your tc hit like 20 -50 then you better be expecting to replace within the next 1-2 years depending on how you drive, hell if you drive it like you stole it then expect 6th months. Hope that info helps, I've been tuned since 25000 and I'm at 50000 and I'm 17 with a job 1 without a tcm and I drive like I'm racing to the hospital everyday 250 to 275 dd. 310 is only on special occasions when I feel like buckling my seat belt. Hope that info helps! Spartan is the only way to go hands down!!

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
Not sure how much is to much? Or how much is normal. What amount of torque does your dash daq say? I love my Spartan just pray I'm not trashing the truck. Give me some info. guys......
Everyone you talk with on this subject will probably say something different. If you numbers in high gear (6th since it is actually a 6 speed transmission that uses 5 gears) is low (in my opinion) 20 or less is actually pretty good. Lower than 10 nothing to worry about at all. Higher that 20, well sooner or later you may have problems. Could still last a very long time when seeing numbers higher than 20, just depends on how hard you push your truck.....

·
518 Posts
Mick,
what exact parameter should we measure for this number to be seen? Where is it and whats it called?
thanks

·
Learning to smoke
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so I'm good with the tranny deal thanks to everyone. Now I've lost my EGRTA reads 140???? bad sensor or what? If so wouldn't the truck show a code? Can I buy new sensors if so which one is it?

·
142 Posts
Under Ford specific I believe

·
76 Posts
I just bought my truck and my TCSLIP is below 10:happydance The TCSLIP reading is bottom left hand corner of page with all the readings, no gauges on the page.

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
Mick,
what exact parameter should we measure for this number to be seen? Where is it and whats it called?
thanks
It is Torque Converter Slip under Ford Specific signals. Gauge will display TCSLP (RPM).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts