The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as some of you know i am looking to put a tranny in my truck. i got to thinking since i want a manual to begin with why nnot convert my truck too manual. what do ya'll think ??????????????? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

·
RV Dealer Parts Guy
63 Posts
Not an easy swap. The tranny tunnel for a manual is taller than it is for an auto tranny. If you are going to convert from an auto to a manual, you will have to do some sheet metal work to your cab's floor. That is in addition to a new harness, PCM, clutch, tranny, transfer case, etc.

By the time you figure in all the $$ costs and general hassle, you'd be far better off getting a BTS auto tranny.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
It will take a lot of work. If you are set on doing it, you should find a loaner truck That way you will have all the parts you need.
Kenny

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
KT Performance said:
It will take a lot of work. If you are set on doing it, you should find a loaner truck That way you will have all the parts you need.
Kenny
I agree 100%. I haven't done this swap but have swapped factory AC, power windows and door locks. On mustangs power discs and steering to swap manual drums and steering. Side by side and a wiring diagram is the way if your determined to do the swap.
PS: I'll remove the automatic, and dispose of it for free. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts