The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
STROKIN' IT
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all... i havent been able to get on here for months! and its great to be back!!! but my question is i had to put a new tranny in my truck back in oct and i got a new ford one with warrenty (didnt want to get another factory one but kinda had to at the time!) and i REALLY need a shift kit so that i dont burn the clutches out again and im afraid it will kill the 3 year warrenty on it.... anyone know if it will or not???

·
0 Posts
As warranty touchy manufactures are getting, I would say the risk is there.

I would look into getting an upgraded valve body to help with shifts. You can't see it from the outside, and a trained eye would have to look at it to notice different springs in person.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Speaking for the transgo, there is a couple of holes drilled in the plate. The valve bodys cover them, so not seen after install. Transgo and tri springs are in the accumulator vb as well. A tech would have to take it apart to know aside from firmer shift quality. The vb may have new reg valves or not depends on who's. The springs from a shift kit are usually used in them or differant reg valves and stock springs. I resize bores and use all new parts when i make them.

Photo: VB or accumulator disassembled

Attachments

·
STROKIN' IT
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot guys... i dont know what i need to do... but i really dont wanna burn another one! ive thought about gettin a programmer that changes the tranny also... think that would help any???

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
How did the first transmission fail?

·
STROKIN' IT
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well... i think it was because i was showin off on my 140 setting w/ my TS chip.... i did that one night and the next night i drove about 75 miles outta town and it wouldn't go into O/D and kept slippin between 3rd and OD... sometimes it would go in sometimes it wouldn't... took it in and come to find out the clutches were burnt out :damnit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts