The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally got a programmer. I got a heck of a deal on a diablo. Im a little concerned Ive got it on the 120 hp tune. The transmission is acting really funny its like it falls on its face when it shifts and takes forever to shift. I know i need to look into givin suncoast or somebody a call ill probably giving them a call in the next week or 2. but in the meantime i know that the 6.0 fords take about 200 miles for the trans to adapt to the new power increase, Is the allison anything like that or will it always act like this till i get a tranny?
thanks for the help guys!

·
3,939 Posts
The Alli has to learn how to handle extra power. That being said, if you're running the 120HP tune on a stock trans, you may not get to the end of the two weeks......

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
:iagree

They are right.. If you run the 120 to long you will be replacing the tranny.. i ran it for a month and was not on it to hard but the one time i did get on it hard it went into limp and now it is going in for a rebuild this winter. :damnit

I run the 60 or 80 just fine all the time with no problems on my preditor. One thing you have to watch is if you pull anything the EGTs get high... The preditor runs hot.

·
Registered
311 Posts
demarest652,

Sounds lik it's already hurt to me, call us SOON while your core is still good for 100% credit! Otherwise getting a Suncoast will cost you more than it should!!! We ship one or two a week on the LBZ's they make the HP easily but kill the stock tranny just as easily!

Mark @ DPPI

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help. Ive got it turned down to the 85hp setting its better still seems a little funny but maybe its just me. im trying to decide which tranny to go with I talked to the guys at ats today and im leaning that way because i can get it through a local shop. and i like the warranty from ats. but i need to talk to suncoast monday before i make the final decision. Anybody have any oppinions either way?

·
Mafia Member
523 Posts
Kinda just depends on your feelings.

We dont have any shops close to us that sell them....the closest is about 12 hours away and they deal with Suncoast. I talked with Joe from suncoast quite a bit when I was looking to buy, and he was really straightforward so I went that direction. For durability and longevity I think they are probably pretty close to one another. I know a lot of people running suncoast that love them....as for the ATS I dont know anyone running one....not saying they are bad I just dont know anyone who can give you an opinion.

Its really up to you, I like Suncoast and their service.

my .02 cents

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive been running it on the 85hp setting everythings working fine except last night i was on the freeway and i went to pass somebody and it downshifted out of overdrive and never would shift back up. But once i got off the freeway and came to a stop and took back off it shifted just like normal. Anybody ever heard of this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have a buddy running the ats tranny and he told me not to go with the ATS, said to go with the suncoast if he had to do it all over again

·
Registered
310 Posts
i ran a 290 program for about 6 months and never burned one up and the only thing mine would do is pop 5th gear and i never took it easy on it

·
nothing but diesel
97 Posts
I have ran the edge and van akken together and my tran sometime doent like it but it alway takes it. i have ran about 10 or 12 times sled pulling and tow heavy loads with 100 or 120 hp setting so it depends on the tranny. and i alway have to let the tran figure out what going on before i can give her hel

Greg

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the help. ive had it back on the 120 for a week or so i took it pretty easy on it for about the first 500 miles and it seems to like it just fine other than goin into fail safe a couple times. that scared the **** outa me the first time it happened. but it seems to work fine. im still gonna do the tranny swap but hopefully i can put it off a little longer

·
TDG Junior Mafia #61
622 Posts
Yeah, I don't think the tranny will last very long at all. The limit on a stock tranny is 100 hp over stock. I heard suncoast is the best.

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The trannys still holdin up fine on the 125 hp tune i just got back from a 2000mi. trip i got 25.6 mpg. I love this truck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.