The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tranny does the 06 run "Auto" What are the weak links besides the TC and valve body? Or did they fix the TC problem? At what HP does this tranny say that's enough?!!

·
754 Posts
The stock tranny is enough in my opinion to about 400 horse. After that it's only a matter of time before you destroy it. You throw in a good TC and VB and you'll be good up to about 550 horse.

I will say that the stock tranny with ANY extra power is somewhat inefficient. They make to slip too much from the factory for nice smooth shifts. With the my experience if I added ANY hp's I would be doing a VB and TC, much much more efficient. Mine has been completely redone with all kinds of goodies.

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
Input Shaft is a POS!!! Smallest of all three makes. If you do not want to do a full tranny and don't plan over 400 then a TC, VB and INPUT SHAFT, should be enough...

·
567 Posts
Whats snow said is a good start....but depending on what you want to do with it you might just save for a built tranny....

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
I agree, it is just money in the back to spend the money on a fully tranny and not have to worry about that part anymore. Then you can do what ever you want.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hey there snow! did you get back to your wife alright? Hows the retraining coming along...LOL

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey BillM2004, I see you are runnin the II Silver Bullet, Is it the 66/74/14, or smaller? How do you like it? I'm gona need a turbo soon, and that was on the list for research. Thanks a bunch, How's that for a tangent? :uhoh2:

·
Registered
699 Posts
cbtoyz said:
Hey BillM2004, I see you are runnin the II Silver Bullet, Is it the 66/74/14, or smaller? How do you like it? I'm gona need a turbo soon, and that was on the list for research. Thanks a bunch, How's that for a tangent? :uhoh2:
I love it! Its the 66, it can be a little laggy until you get used to driving with it, but if you put on a boost controller the turbo spools a bit faster. Once it spools, your eyes sink to the back of your head!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Cool! Thanks for the feedback. I thought all was peachy till my egt hit 1650 while I was playing around the other day. I still don't think I have enough fuel to spool a turbo that big though. I think I'm leaning towards something around 62 comp wheel size, then I can build a set of twins when I out grow it.:Thumbup:

·
Registered
699 Posts
i was running the SB when i was stock injectors and im still stock fuel system besides the DIY. i could hit 50 psi. ide say go for it! but if your planning on twins, thats badd *** too! i wish i had the $ for that.

·
Registered
699 Posts
i was running the SB when i was stock injectors and im still stock fuel system besides the DIY. i could hit 50 psi. ide say go for it! but if your planning on twins, thats bad @$$ too! i wish i had the $ for that.

·
567 Posts
Ya go big 64mm if you plan on goin crazy with it.....if you plan on adding some mild programming and tow alot i would go with something smaller or like you said get twins

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
Shoot go for the twins, unless you want an exhaust brake.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, I think that's the route I'm going to eventually take. Something a little smaller for now, then upgrade to twins. Besides I don't always run my box full bore, and I don't want to have to always crank up the fuel to spool a big turbo. Thanks for all the input guys. :thanks:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts