The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen alot of people on here talkin about how there tranny runs in the 200's that kinda got me wondering is something wrong with mine or did god just bless me with a good tranny cuz at highway speeds mine runs at 107* in the winter and 140* in the summer and if i get into it jackin around in town the highest ive seen it was 151*

·
What are sparkplugs
147 Posts
ya thats about what my runs. I was out hot rodding it the other day for an hour or so(street racin with some buddys, Ya I know I'm bad) it never got over 150*

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
let me go out and check were that sensor is but i just crawled out from under it and i noticed that i have the 55 block i know the 53's are prone to cracking but has anybody heard anything about the 55's

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright thanks my trans temp sensor is right above the trans pan just before the transfer case

·
Ghost
628 Posts
alright thanks my trans temp sensor is right above the trans pan just before the transfer case
If you don't mind, could you take a pic for us.

My trans temp sensor on every truck has been in the pan?
That's where they usually are. Alot of heat is generated in the O/D housing though, so someone might have had that idea. He might have found a good place in there.

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea no problem it will be tomorrow night before i can post it my brothers gotta take my truck cuz im workin on his jeep

·
1,189 Posts
mine is in the hotline coming outta the tranny before it would have gone into the heat exchanger. Thats where people get the hot numbers from. Mine run 145 all day in the hotline well in winter it's like 95. But when on the highway it's 145.

·
What are sparkplugs
147 Posts
Mines on the right side just above pan in the servo test port

·
stock is boring
214 Posts
mine is in the pan and this time of year never goes over 105* and on a hot summer day never gets above 160*. i did eliminate that heater/cooler thing on the side of the engine
:peelout

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mines the same as icemans i think but ill put up a pic in just a bit i gotta change dads oil then ill take it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts