The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was pulling a trailer the other day noticed my overdrive light started to flash, when i slowed down to turn up a hill the tranny started to studer like it was shifting in and out of 1st and 2nd?? I seen the trans temp about 190. When I got home changed the vss in rearend , didnt help . I pulled the codes PO713 and PO708 . Had the tranny rebuilt about a year ago , has done fine up till now . Can you guys tell me what you think of the codes . Thanks guys !! Awsome site !!!!!!!

·
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know what I need to do about the codes that I have pulled ? Thanks Guys

·
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pulled the codes again tonight , and no codes ?? but the tranny is still acting stupid ! I unhooked the batteries lastnight and let it sit till this afternoon . the overdrive light is still flashing. I at a loss here . Maybe the tranny is gone south again ? Any help would be appreciated , Thanks guys !!

·
1,700 Posts
the o/d fashing should always set a code, with those 2 codes earlier i would first look at loose connections, the p0708 is for the tr sensor circuit "open" that basically means the sensor itself is open or that circuit is open it does not indicate a out of adjustment sensor. the p0713 is for the trans fluid temp sensor (TFT) open or below -40f this code will flash the o/d light. i would pursue the TFT code first, this is not a notorius problem but something not too unusual. the TFT is serviced in a new solenoid body assy. The TR sensor is the sensor mounted on side of the trans where the shift linkage is. If you want to do anything cheap or free unplug the TR sensor and solenoid connectors on trans, (solenoid connector on pass side of trans toward the back near the rear cooler line) look for water and clean, apply dielectric grease. on pins of connectors.

Reactions: Big Stroker PSD
1 - 5 of 5 Posts