The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:damnit Today i was doing a burn out for my buddy an his brother an the rear end started to hop a little so i let off an after i did i took off an my truck started to whine in 1st then i let off an it shifted to third. Now my truck will not hardly take 2nd and when it does it just rev's high what does this sound like an how much do ya'll think it will cost.

·
1,726 Posts
Nothing that about 4,000 wont fix for a real good tranny :poke:

From the sounds of it you toasted something for sure. If you are considering doing any more performance mods to your truck now would be the time to upgrade to a tranny that you dont have to worry about.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i was thinkin about tryin to find a 6 speed to put in there or should i just keep the auto. an what kind of tranny or tranny mods should i look in to?

·
4,024 Posts
I recomend staying with the auto, and getting it from BTS

·
0 Posts
If you get a well built auto (Suncoast, ATS, BTS, Monsterbox, etc) that tranny will become the last thing you'll have to worry about.

And it would be a big hassle to convert that over to a manual truck.

Just get something well built.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
smoke rollin stroke said:
:damnit Today i was doing a burn out for my buddy an his brother an the rear end started to hop a little so i let off an after i did i took off an my truck started to whine in 1st then i let off an it shifted to third. Now my truck will not hardly take 2nd and when it does it just rev's high what does this sound like an how much do ya'll think it will cost.
Sounds like the burnout broke the int sprag. Major disassembly. If you want to see it click on the E4od link in my sig. Same geartrain parts are used in your 4r100.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
platinum01 said:
i have a bts in mine and i love it brian and patty took great care. www.brianstruckshop.com
:cheering :cheering :cheering :cheering :cheering :cheering :cheering
Rah Rah, Go team.

Could you just paste this in posts that ask for transmission shops instead of every transmission thread? It reminds me of those direct tv ads.

Ideas of your own are welcome anytime :shrug: .

Some balance please moderators. 3 ads and links in 2 days that I see.
Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts